Chapter 10: The Battle of Big Ben

Ratigan throws me into his dirigible and he and Fidget jump inside. Fidget gets to the propellor end and starts to pedal while Ratigan goes to the front and steers. I squirm my way out of the ropes, thankfully Fidget's not good at tying people up, and I walk up to Ratigan.

"Just wait! Basil will stop you! He will win! And you will rot in jail like the common rat you are!" I shouted at him in anger. Ratigan turns to face me and I can see I made him really angry. "Would you kindly sit down and SHUT UP!" He shouted as he slaps me across the face so hard I fall to the floor again.

I look up at him and see he has his back to me but in front us was a matchbox attached to some balloons and the British flag cover the balloons, heading towards us and I see Dawson, Olivia, my father and Basil on it.
"Let her go, chaps!" Basil shouted, angrily, at Ratigan, who sneers and turns the dirigible as Fidget begins to pedal faster. I look back to where the others were and see them following us.
"Basil!" I shouted at him as Ratigan leads us around the roofs and chimneys of the houses in London, up and around a statue of a man and straight ahead towards the Tower Bridge. 

Suddenly, Fidget stops and hops inside of the dirigible. Ratigan glares at Fidget as he gestures towards me. "We have to--lighten the load." He said, squeaking. "Oh, you want to lighten the load! Excellent idea!" Ratigan said as Fidget snickers at me. I walk back against the wall as Fidget approaches me but Ratigan grabs him by the ears and tosses him over instead.
"No! Not me! I can't fly! I can't fly!" Fidget screamed, desperately, as he falls to his watery death. Ratigan hops on the propeller and moves us forward.

I heard a noise on top of us and I see Basil has grabbed the tail end of the aircraft, swinging forward. Ratigan ducks as Basil's feet just miss him. I look ahead of us and I scream, we were about to crash into Big Ben. The men look over and see what I was screaming about and then suddenly....CRASH!!

*3rd Person POV*

Inside of the clock tower, Basil awakens and rubs his neck, then he stares in shock and amazement at the gears and clogs surrounding him. Creeping up unnoticed behind him is Ratigan, his left fist poised, ready to knock Basil down, while the other hand is clamped over your mouth.

You struggle but you finally pull his hand off of your mouth. "Basil, look out!" You screamed as Basil turns but Ratigan knocks him down.

Basil rolls and catches the end of a rotating gear, trying to pull himself back up as Ratigan prepares for another blow.
But before he could do that, you take his hand and bite it, making him scream in pain, giving Basil the opportunity to climb up the gear and seize the Professor's cape and tangle it between two gears. 

Ratigan drops you to hold onto his cape to keep from getting strangled, but he succeeds by kicking you off the gear. "(Y/N)!" Basil shouts as you fall into a larger gear, connected to another one that will crush you in a matter of seconds.

Thinking quickly, Basil jumps from the gear and onto a lever, which lifts up a chain towards you. The final keg is approaching you as Basil gets closer. You try to flatten yourself against the gear as Basil reaches his hand out and finally grabs your hand just as the gears connect.

He wraps his arm around your waist and you wrap yours around his neck. You smile at him and kiss him on the cheek as the chain continues to lift you two to the top of the tower.

Down below, Ratigan's face is filled with anger. As he watches you and Basil make your escape, his sanity snaps, and with a burst of strength, he tears his cape in half, freeing himself. You and Basil stop at the hole at the top of the tower, trapped.

Inside, Ratigan is consumed by anger and hatred as he runs through and around the many gears, his clothes becoming torn and ragged.

Outside, you grab Basil's hand and point towards Dawson, Olivia and Flaversham, who are approaching. Basil looks behind you two and notices that Ratigan is getting closer, so he puts his hands under your arms and hoists you up so that you could reach them.