Chapter 9: To Buckingham Palace

We make it to the waterfront when Basil whistles and Toby comes running. "Toby!" Basil said and Toby kisses Olivia. "The games afoot, Toby. Our Queen is in mortal danger." Basil said to Toby. Toby puts his game face on and lays down enough for us to climb on his neck.
"To Buckingham Palace!" Basil exclaims as he points ahead and Toby takes off.

Few minutes later, we make it to the palace and Toby holds his nose to a ledge. Basil grabs my hand and we race in through a mouse hole, Dawson and Olivia following behind us. We make our way through a hallway and see Fidget about to throw the Queen over the balcony.

Basil and I make it towards him and grab the Queen before Fidget threw her towards the cat. Fidget hangs on the ledge for dear life as the cat snaps at him. "Down, down, Kitty! Down!" Fidget exclaimed and at that moment we hear Toby barking at the cat, who screeches and runs away, Toby close behind her.

After we untied the Queen and tie up Fidget, We looked around the palace until we found the room where they were keeping Father, who was sitting at a control panel with a group of Ratigan's thugs surrounding him. We snuck up quietly and Basil, Dawson and I took down the thugs and tied them up with the rope.

"Olivia! (Y/N)!" My father said after Olivia walked up to him.

She goes and gives him a hug and I walk, briskly, towards him and hugs him as well while Basil gets behind the control panel and Dawson and the Queen watches over the tied up thugs. "Oh, my girls." Father said. "It's okay, father. We're okay." I said as we continue to hug.

"This is MY Kingdom!" I hear Ratigan shout. "That is, of course, with your Highness' permission." I hear his voice say, modestly. I go up to the curtains and peek through the cracks and see Ratigan give the robot, that looks like the Queen, a light slap.

"Most assuredly....you insidious fiend!" Basil said through the robot.

"What?" Ratigan asked, shocked.

"You're not my Royal Consort!" The robot repeats with Basil. Ratigan covers the Robot's mouth and addresses the crowd.

"What a sense of humor." He said but Basil makes the robot duck down to free itself.

"You're a cheap fraud and imposter." The robot said
​​​​​​

"FLAVERSHAM!" Ratigan yells towards the curtain.

"A corrupt, vicious, demented, scoundrel. There's no evil scheme you wouldn't concoct." Basil said as he jerks at the controls, causing the Robot's head to fly up, spindle around, and bite Ratigan's nose.

He forces the head back down, but both arms spring out, hitting him in the stomach. I cover my mouth trying to hold back a laugh and I glance over and see Basil smiling at me, then he gives me wink as he continues to jerks the controls. Ratigan moves in front of the robot, hiding it from the crowd but I can tell they aren't buying it.

"No depravity you wouldn't commit." The robot said as it pushes past Ratigan.

He tries to force his weight on the robot, but it springs upward, bringing him up with it, then letting him fall.

"You, Professor are none other than a foul stenchus rodentus, commonly known as a...!" The robot said as it falls apart and Ratigan seizes the Robot's neck and said. "DON'T SAY IT!!"

And Basil runs towards the curtains and burst through them and points at Ratigan. "SEWER RAT!" Basil shouts. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Ratigan shouts.
"Arrest the fiend!" Basil shouted and Dawson, the Queen and my father tackle Ratigan.

I hear some movement behind me and I turn around to see that Fidget has freed himself and starts coming after my little sister. I gasp and run towards her and push her out of the way towards the stage and Fidget grabs me.
I try fighting him off but it's no use and he grabs the rope and ties me up and takes me up to the high balcony and I see that Ratigan has thrown Basil and the others off of him.

Fidget whistles at him and Ratigan looks up to sees us. "The girl! The girl!" Fidget shouted and I see my father and Olivia look up, horrified, and I see Basil looks up as well, his eyes widen in fear as Ratigan jumps from mouse to mouse, grabs on to a robe and swings himself up onto the balcony and grabs the back of my collar and holds me over the edge of the balcony, threateningly.

"Stay where you are or the girl dies!" Ratigan growls.
"Basil!" I shouted before Ratigan disappears behind the curtain, taking me with him.