04 - Sweet 16

3rd Person POV

Today was the day of Yona's birthday party. Nobles from all over Kouka were in attendance but the princess had yet to make an appearance.

Kara huffed as she marched down the corridor towards the princess's bedroom, where she was no doubt fussing over her hair. Again.

To make matters worse, as per Yona's orders, Kara had been forced out of her usual outfit into a dress by some unusually strong handmaidens. They had also taken her sword away and subjected her to a scolding about not trying to attract a husband. Kara blamed King Il for that particular comment.

Her kimono dress varied from whites to blues with a light blue sash wrapped around her waist. Kara's ebony hair had been brushed and styled to be loose but with the front pulled back. The only part of her usual outfit that remained was the customary braid of the Wind Tribe that hung under her ear and the two feathers that were ever present in her hair.

 The only part of her usual outfit that remained was the customary braid of the Wind Tribe that hung under her ear and the two feathers that were ever present in her hair

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

You can't come to my party unless you wear this. The princess's voice echoed through Kara's head as she walked down the corridor.

Kara continued to grumble as she tripped yet again on her dress. Yona would certainly pay for this when Kara next saw her.

Luckily for Kara, this was soon as she approached the princess's room. As always, Hak stood vigilant outside of Yona's bedroom, keeping guard as she got ready. By the look of boredom on his face, Kara figured that he must have been standing there for a while.

"Is she still getting ready?" Kara questioned, moving to stand in front of her brother.

"It would seem so." Hak sighed, before focusing on his sister. Or rather, her outfit. "What happened to you?"

"Yona happened. Or her handmaidens who are surprisingly a lot stronger than they look."

Hak laughed but stopped abruptly as Kara glared at him.

"It is not funny. I've been traumatised," she huffed, crossing her arms. Well, as much as she could, as the damn sleeves kept getting in the way.

Hak only smirked at his sister's misfortune but was then distracted by Yona's bedroom door sliding open to reveal the princess herself. He froze as he saw Yona wearing a beautiful pink kimono, specifically the one that Kara had given the princess as a birthday present.

It was now Kara's turn to laugh at her brother as he stared wide eyed at the princess. She had known about his little crush from the right off and never failed to tease him about it at every opportunity. This was such a time.

"Yona-hime, you look so pretty. Doesn't she look pretty, Oniisan?" Kara particularly sang as her brother turned to glare at her.

"Well, she looks less of a mess than usual so there is that," he quipped coolly. Which prompted Yona to fire back, "Hak, you're so mean!"

The Other Guard - Akatsuki no Yonaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें