The Halloween Dance

For TheWorstStudentEver

Now

it's payback time😉

Her pov

I wait in the cold for five whole minutes. Stupid school. They won't let students in the school until the dance started.

The teachers opened the doors and everyone outside the school ran in. I waited for @music_girl101.

"Hey!" she smiled and waved at me.

I wave back and return the smile. "hey how'ya doin' boo?" I ask her with my best Jersey shore accent.

She laughed. "I'm doing great. Oh! Here's your cape." she hands me her black cape.

"it's so long!" I say as I put it on.

"it suits you." she reassured me. She linked arms with me. "now let's go inside its cold out here."

To be honest I rather be outside. The decorations inside the cafeteria were lame. Fake cobwebs and caution tape was every where. And the music was....not so great.

I see @music_girl101 tapping her foot and staring at the entrance hall.

"who are you looking for?" I asked. Though, i already knew who it was. Her crush, PB (codename).

"oh no one." she said distantly. Then her eyes widened and she gasped. "oh my god. He is here!"

"wow, you don't get this excited whenever he walks into class." I comment. She looked at me and her cheeks were a shade of pink.

"shuddup!" she lightly smacked my shoulder.

My crush wasn't going to be here tonight. He told me he was going to be at a football game.

"i'm.....going to talk to him." I hear @music_girl101 gulp.

I smile and jump with joy. "get it girl!" I practically pushed her into him.

I had to get away fast. So I stand near the stage. And watch them from afar. "Dorks." I mumble.

"yeah they sure are." someone next to me spoke.

I turn my head and there he was. JELLY! He was actually here! And he was wearing no costume at all. Just his normal faded blue jeans, and grey sweater.

"wow." I piece back together my scattered thoughts. "Why are you here?"

"all my friends were going and its my first time going to one of these *air quotes* dances." he stared at my black dress and cape. "nice costume."

"oh...thanks. And you.....look decent." jeez, this can't get more awkward.

Jelly laughed at my comment. "thanks. It was kinda last minute so..."

"makes sense." I nod.

The lights dim in the cafeteria. And good music starts to play.

"wanna dance?" he offered with his hand out towards me.

"oh no no no. I can't even wake three steps without tripping." I scooch away.

"it's okay," he takes my hand. I feel the entire zoo erupt in my stomach. "I'll lead." he pulls me towards the center of the dance floor. "just move with the beat." he smiled at me.

"no." I refuse.

"are you scared? That I have better dance moves than you?" he challenged.

I let the smirk crawl onto my features. "you probably do."

"c'mon." he smiled once more. My knees began to feel weak.

Might as well get it done and over with. I start tapping my foot and sway my body side to side. My curls were all over the place. Bouncing left and right.

"that's it!" he cheered. "you totally got this."

I couldn't help but smile and get lost into the music.

Then I feel his hands on my waist. He spun me, and I giggled with delight.

The song ended and his hands didn't move away from my small waist.

"You are a great dancer." his eyes sparkled like the hanging lights on the ceiling.

"shuddup!" I blush and look away.

Turns out that the dance wasn't so lame after all

The end