Chapter 4: Chloe

It's been hours. The sun has set a while ago. Me and Penelope don't speak, but it's clear that we have to stick together. If worst comes to worst, I could sacrifice Penelope.

I sit on the curb. "I'm tired." I whine. There is no response, but I see Penelope's shadow behind me.

Suddenly, a car drives by quickly and drenches me with gutter water. Behind me, Penelope giggles.

I wipe of my face and stand up. When I turn around, Penelope laughs harder. "Shut up! I'm still cwuter than woo, even though I'm covered in mud!" I attempt to clean myself up. Penelope smirks and flounces away.

It starts to rain. Heavily.
I rush to catch up to her. "Wook, a buiwding!" I point to a two-story building painted white. "Maywbe then we wiw escape the wain!"

We run quickly inside the building. We find a bench and sit down. The place is busy and is full of people wearing the blue outfits; the people that tried to attack Mumu and Dada. For a while, nobody notices us, but eventually, a woman sees us sitting alone.

"Aww you poor things, are you okay?" she askes in a sweet voice. The woman has dark skin and black hair. She has light brown eyes that are shining with concern. She isn't fat, but isn't thin either.

I put on my cute and innocent face and respond, making sure to exaggerate my lisp. "Wew, me and hew got wost. Owew pawents weft us on the stweet!" I start to fake cry. "A-and we couwdn't find ower way back home again!"

Penelope is also trying to look cute, but she still looks like an ugly mouse. "We awe awso vewy tiwed and hungwey."

The woman nods and says, "Well I'm Heather and I am going to take you to my friend- she's an officer, she can help you!" She picks up Penelope and carrys her and starts walking. I have no choice but to follow her.

Stupid Penelope. I should be getting carried, not her! I'm a princess so I should be carried! It's probably Heather feels sorry for Penelope because she's so ugly. Yeah, that's right.

Heather stops in front of another lady. She has short pixie style red hair, and tired blue eyes, which light up when she sees us approach.

"Heather!" she says sounding surprised. "Where did you find such adorable girls?"

She's talking only about me. After all, there are no other adorable girls here.

The red haired lady takes a wipe packet from her pocket and takes out a wipe. She wipes my face clean of the mud.

"My name is Leah, what are your names?" she askes us.

"I'm Pene-" Penelope starts, but I interrupt her. Leah doesn't need to know who Penelope is. "I'm Chwoe. I'm fow yeaws owld." Penelope starts again. "I'm Penewope and I'm awso fow yeaws owld."

Leah smiles and askes us another question. "So, tell me what happened. You know, how you got here."

So we did. We told her everything. Well, I told the truth and Penelope was spouting some nonsense about being abused. Idiot.

"And what are their names?" she askes Penelope.

"Their names awe Kawen and Wandy Pawkerson."

Leah nods and writes something on her notepad. "Girls, I'll get you set up in foster care and-"

"Actually, let me take them." Heather pipes up. She shoots Leah a look.

"Hernandez, please take these girls to get a snack." Leah mentions to a man texting on his cell phone.

As he leads us away, I smile in my head. Heather looks like a mumu I would like. I hope she can take us, 'cause then I could get her to get rid of Penelope.

Authors Note

I am sooo sorry I haven't been updating. I'm trying to figure out a system of writing, and I'm still in school. I'll post either once or twice a week. If I post once a week, then Ill post on Sunday's before 8:30 pm Eastern Time. If I post twice a week, then I'll post on Wednesday and Sunday, both before 8:30 pm Eastern Time.

And if you are reading this, please give me some feedback! Good or bad, all feedback will impact this story in one way or another. Make your presence known to me!

Thanks!
-Feebs