Chapter 20: Penelope

I splash around in the pool, surrounded by my new friends. It has been almost a year since Karen and Randy came and tried to kidnap me, Vivian, and Chloe. Even though it was a year ago, I remember it well.

Karen yanked me roughly out the pool house. She lead me to the back fence, and started to push me into a small opening in the wall.

I fought and kicked, but it didn't help. It only made her more determined to push me out.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" A loud voice yelled.

This startled Karen, and she dropped Chloe. Again.

Karen let go of me to console Chloe, who started to screech as loud than a jet engine.

I then started to run towards the loud voice who yelled for us to stop. Randy gently laid Vivian next to Chloe and ran after me.

I tripped and fell into a pair of arms. The lady from before, Leah caught me. Behind her, Heather and Dominic ran up to us. From behind me, Vivian dashed ahead of me and flung herself into her parents arms.

I stayed with Leah, watching the whole thing unfold. The police grabbed Karen and Randy and arrested them with shiny handcuffs.

We all had to go to the police station. There, we found out Chloe's real name was Danice, and that she had been kidnapped from her original mumu, and brainwashed.

A few days later, we had to go to the doctors. I would have to go every week because mental disorders.

Chloe, however had to get shipped of to a special bording school. She had so many mental problems that had to be treated. I would miss her, even though she tried to hurt me. Chloe would leave after the party, in September.

After two weeks, we returned to school. I introduced Vivian to Nancy, and Vivian introduced me to Thomas and Allison. We all became friends.

Heather started to plan a party, just a month ago. An adoption party for me and Chloe. We wouldn't be going back to our old parents. I even got my hair back to its original brown color.

I got out of the pool and wrapped a towel around myself. Natalie the maid came to me and told me to go inside to get dressed to cut the cake.

I dashed inside, and Natalie helped me get ready. She washed and styled my hair into pretty curls and picked out a pretty blue dress for me to wear. I put on the dress and twirled in front of the mirror. I loved it!

Natalie left to get Chloe ready. I stood in front of the mirror.

I am five years old now, and so much has changed. I no longer lived with the constant fear of being hit for doing the wrong thing. I could now live my life as a normal kid.

I walk over to my desk and took an empty notebook and a pen. Then I sit on my bed and began to write in my best handwriting.

Dear Diary,
You won't believe what happened!

I write down everything that's happened in the past year.

"Penelope! Time to cut the cake!" Natalie calls out to me.

I put my diary down, and stand up. "Coming!" I yell, and I walk out the door to start the rest of my life.

THE END

Authors Note
Wow.... I actually finished it. Today, I just got up, and was like, I'm getting this done, I can't leave this unfinished. There's probably a billion typos. Even if nobody reads it, this needed to be done.

Thank you so much if you're still reading. I really appreciate it.

-Feebs