Medicine

Dylan

Dylan woke up the next morning before Danny did. He got up groggily, stretching, then walked over to check on Danny.

The lead singer was curled up in a ball, twitching a little in his sleep. Fucking adorable motherfucker.

Dylan watched for a minute, then sighed and walked over to the dresser to pack his clothes. HU was leaving for their next concert today, and Dylan didn't want to hold everyone up because he wasn't ready to go. Again.

Danny woke up just as Dylan finished packing, sitting up and swinging his legs over the side of the bed. Dylan raised an eyebrow when he noticed Danny had worn a shirt to bed, he never did that.

"What's with the shirt?"

Danny looked down at himself, looking embarrased. "Uh.... just embarrassed, I guess...."

Dylan sighed, but let the subject drop. It bothered him that Danny didn't seem comfortable in his own body. Dylan understood why, since Danny hadn't been out of shape a single day in his life, but that didn't mean that Danny's weight gain was a bad thing at all.

"Well, get ready." Dylan said. "We're leaving in a half hour."

Danny got up reluctantly, walking over to his half of the dresser and beginning to pack. Dylan watched, nor really having anything better to do.

As Danny pulled out his clothes, a pill bottle suddenly slipped out and clattered to the floor.

Before Danny could react, Dylan had scooped up the bottle and started reading the label. "Really, Danny, diet pills?"

Danny attempted to steal the bottle from Dylan's hand, but Dylan just raised the pills up high out of Danny's reach.

"Give those back!" Danny whined, looking embarrased as hell.

Dylan shook his head. "No. You don't need these, and they're not good for you." He said flatly.

Danny whimpered. "I'm an adult, you can't tell me what to do!"

"I don't care. I'm getting rid of these." Dylan growled, shoving them in his pocket.

Danny looked hurt, but went back to packing. After he was done, Dylan started talking again. "You want breakfast before we go?"

"Uh, no, you can go on ahead..." Danny said quietly.

Dylan rolled his eyes. "I'm not leaving you alone in the room, last time I did that you ate yourself sick. Now come on." Dylan walked to the door, gesturing for Danny to follow.

Danny sighed, then walked after Dylan all the way up to the breakfast bar. Dylan turned and smiled at Danny. "I know you might not want to eat, but try to at least get something. Not eating isn't going to help you recover."

The lead singer rolled his eyes, but followed Dylan into the food area, grabbing a bagel and slathering it with cream cheese. Dylan watched carefully, one eye on Danny as he got his own breakfast.

Dylan followed Danny to the table he chose, sitting down across from him. Danny nibbled at his bagel as Dylan ate, only getting a quarter way done by the time Dylan finished. Dylan raised an eyebrow.

"That's all you're gonna eat?" The Mexican questioned.

Danny nodded. "I'm not that hungry."

Dylan sighed, then shrugged. Danny looked at Dylan with a bit of annoyance. "Are you just going to try to control what I eat from now on or something?"

"You're not doing a very good job of controlling it yourself." Dylan retorted plainly.

Danny groaned. "I guess that's true...."

Dylan smirked. "Yeah, it is. Don't worry, I'm not going to force you to eat or anything, I'll just make sure you don't end up hurting yourself again."

--------

Danny

Danny and Dylan eventually went back to their room, grabbing their bags and getting dressed quickly They only had five minutes left before bus call, and neither of them wanted to miss it.

The duo made it to the lobby with a minute to spare.

Dylan chatted with Jordon as he helped load the bags into the bus, letting Danny sneak onto the bus and to his bunk. After a minute of searching around, Danny finally pulled another diet pill bottle out from under his mattress.

The lead singer popped a few pills in his mouth, swallowing them dry.

Danny had just stuck the bottle back in its hiding place as Dylan approached. "Are you ready? The bus is taking off, it's your last chance to go get anything you forgot."

"I'm good." Danny promised.

Dylan smiled, slipping past Danny to go to the back lounge. He paused for a minute, turning around. "Oh, I tossed the pills outside of the bus, so don't bother trying to find them."

"Wasn't planning to." Danny said, trying to not break out in a smirk. Dylan had no idea that he had a second bottle!

Dylan shrugged, then walked off.

Danny sighed, heading to the front lounge. He appreciated Dylan trying to help, but he needed to lose the weight from binging.

If taking pills could help, then what was the harm?