Suspicion

Dylan

Danny slept through most of the day, occasionally being woken up by Dylan, who kept trying to get something in Danny's stomach.

Nothing stayed down, not even water.

Dylan got more and more worried, but tried to dismiss it as a 24 hour thing, that Danny would be better by morning.

Meanwhile, Dylan's own stomach was beginning to cramp up a little. He hadn't eaten since last night, since he still couldn't bring himself to eat anything. He honestly felt empty, in an emotional way, like he didn't really matter anymore. The Mexican sighed, leaning back against the couch in the back lounge. He fought the urge to go hide in his bunk and just sleep for the rest of the day.

Dylan could hear Danny get up from his bunk around 7:00, stumbling noisily before gaining his footing and walking unsteady into the back lounge. Dylan immediately jumped up, rushing to Danny's side.

"You should go lay back down. Are you feeling any better?"

Danny shrugged off Dylan. "I'm fine, quit acting like my mom."

Dylan rolled his eyes at the comment. "You need to eat. Do you think you can keep something down now?"

Danny looked up apprehensively, then nodded. "I'll try."

Dylan grinned, then walked to the kitchen to go find something for Danny to eat.

Jordon was sitting in the front lounge, playing on his phone. He looked up when Dylan entered, and watched suspiciously as Dylan got out a container of ice cream.

"I thought you didn't like sweet stuff." Jordon observed.

Dylan shrugged as he started scooping ice cream. "I don't, it's for Danny."

Jordon narrowed his eyes. "I was joking earlier but seriously, don't ruin Danny for your fucked up fetish."

Dylan scoffed, trying not to let on to how much that comment stung. He finished scooping the ice cream, put the container away, then walked back to Danny and handed him the bowl.

"I thought this might be easier on your stomach than the other stuff we had." Dylan explained, sitting next to Danny.

Danny nodded, then started eating. Dylan, despite his struggle to resist, ended up staring at Danny the entire time, hating himself more and more by the second.

Dylan took the bowl after Danny was done, walking back to the kitchen and almost throwing it into the sink before turning around and nearly running into Jordon.

"Dude, I saw you back there. You need to stop creeping on Danny." Jordon said with a snicker.

Dylan tried to push his way past Jordon. "Shut up, man."

"Hey, it's not my fault that you're a freak." Jordon said, half seriously.

Dylan flinched at the comment, then forced his way past Jordon and stormed to his bunk, jumping in immediately and hiding under the covers.

He was a freak, and everyone knew it.

--------

Danny

Danny had watched Jordon and Dylan from a distance, but couldn't make out what happened. All he could decipher was that Dylan was upset, and Jordon was the reason why.

Jordon walked back to Danny, sitting near him. He cleared his throat, then started speaking.

"Hey, Danny.... what do you think of Dylan?"

Danny was taken aback by the question. "Uh... he's nice and all?"

Jordon narrowed his eyes. "Has he been acting.... weird around you lately?"

Weird? Dylan had been acting off, but that was because he knew Danny's secret, not because of anything else.

"No, he's been acting normal. Why?"

Jordon shrugged. "Are you sure? What about with him bringing you food and stuff?"

Shit, Jordon had noticed that. "Uh, he was just being nice...."

Jordon squinted. "Are you sure about that?"

"Why are you asking?" Danny asked, a little confused.

Jordon shrugged. "It's nothing, don't worry about it."

"Uh, okay then."

Jordon got up and left.

Danny tried to dissect what had just happened. Why was Jordon asking such weird questions? It kind of sounded like he was suspicious of Dylan, but Dylan hadn't done anything wrong.

Right?