005

Margaret

The walk to Margaret's house was a little awkward. It was really quiet, though that was expected with her company. She was hesitant to give her suggestion, though it was too late to take it back now. She hadn't lied when she said her parents wouldn't be home, she just hadn't brought up that her parents were never home. She only saw them on big holidays, even then only for a few hours. They were practically strangers to her. They gave her money to do the things she needed, but never gave her much attention. She just hoped Lance wouldn't ask any questions.

Approaching her house, she guided Lance to the structure. It was rather large, considering she was the only one who lived in it for the most part. It had three stories and six bedrooms. Pulling the key from her pocket, she unlocked the door and entered.

She saw Lance looking carefully at all the details of her house, though there wasn't much to see. It was a lovely house, it really was, but there were hardly any furnishings throughout the whole thing. Her room undoubtedly had the most in it. She led him up a flight of stairs, heading to her room. She opened the door, revealing her personal living space. To the left there was a twin sized bed, only one grey blanket placed on it. Straight on were two glass doors that lead to a small balcony, and to the right there was a desk. Placed on the desk were a few papers, a laptop, and some scattered writing utensils. Her room was quite large and her lack of things made it look that much bigger.

She looked over at Lance, watching him silently observe her room. She couldn't help her arms from twitching, feeling weird. She had never had anyone over before. Perhaps she should have thought this through first.

When his eyes finally returned to her, she wasn't exactly sure what to say. "So this is my house," she signed, lips twitching into an awkward smile for a fleeting moment. Before Lance could say anything else, she changed the subject. "You ready to work on your essay?"

____________________

Chapter Summary: The two go to Margaret's rather large and empty house to work on Lance's essay.

Hey, there! Thank you so much for reading this far! I hope you enjoyed. Have a great day, you beautiful person.