013

Margaret

Margaret was walking toward the lunchroom when she spotted Lance talking to someone. She smiled, going to approach them. When she saw what he said, though, she stopped in her tracks. Her stomach dropped, heart feeling heavy. Had he really just asked this girl out on a date? She quickly turned around, taking a different route to the lunchroom. Her eyes were burning, lungs feeling tight in her chest. She didn't know why she was freaking out so much. Lance was his own person, he could do whatever he wanted. Including going out with whoever he wanted.

She hurried to her normal spot, taking a seat. She quickly pulled the book she was reading out of her backpack, placing it in front of her face. It was half to cover her reddened eyes and half to distract her. When she tried to read, it didn't make any sense. The pages just looked like a bunch of random lines, no words connecting in her head. She ignored Lance when he finally came to join her, not wanting to talk to him. She didn't realize just how much this would affect her until this moment.

Margaret sat there for who knows how long, ignoring Lance like he wasn't even there. Eventually, she was sure he had had enough. His hands took hers, moving the book away from her. She was sure it was obvious she hadn't turned a page yet. He set the book next to him on the bench, setting it out of her reach. He reached up, using his finger to tilt her head up. Her eyes were still red, embarrassingly so. She couldn't stop herself from searching his face.

"What's wrong?" he asked, moving his hand away from her to do so.

She covered her eyes with her hands, shaking her head. He couldn't talk to her unless she was looking and it was kind of hard to look when your eyes were covered. She heard him sigh, move around a little. She heard a zipper, a moment of nothing, then a sliding sound. She felt the table shift a little as he got up and left, leaving her alone. Once she knew he was gone, she removed her hands from her eyes. Her book was in front of her, a piece of paper resting on top. On the piece of paper, in neat handwriting, it said:

Mar, I'm sorry if I did something to offend you. Just know I'm here for you when you want to talk. I'm always here for you.

     -Lance

She picked up the note, reading it over and over. For some reason, this note made her feel even worse. She was just overreacting, she knew that. She just couldn't get the image of the guy she liked asking another girl out on a date. Wait... She liked him?
_

___________________

Chapter Summary: Margaret saw Lance 'ask London out on a date' and ignores him. She ends up realizing she is having hard feelings about it because she likes him.

Hon hon things are happening! Margaret has realized her feelings toward Lance! This is great. But not as great as you, you wonderful creation. ;-) I hope you have a fantastic day!