014

Lance

Lance didn't know what to expect the next day when when history class came. Margaret didn't talk to him for the rest of the day before and it took all he had not to approach her. He knew he should give her the space she needed, but he just wanted to help her at the same time. When she walked in, her head was down. That in and of itself was a bad sign. When she sat down, she looked at him briefly before looking down again.

Looking up again, she signed, "I'll talk to you during lunch." That was enough for him.

¤¤¤

Lunch came by and Lance was so nervous he could hardly hold still. He could only hope that he would be able to help her. She texted him before lunch, telling him to meet her at her locker instead of the lunchroom. He didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. He arrived to her locker before she did, making him even more nervous. He fiddled with his hands, trying to put all that anxious energy somewhere.

When Margaret arrived, he could hardly hold himself back. "Is everything alright?" he signed in a hurry, needing to know she was okay. She shook her head slightly, staring blankly at his chest. "What's wrong?" he asked, getting even more nervous.

"Lance, I saw you ask London on a date," she sogned. His stomach dropped like a boulder. "I know it's stupid for me to overreact so much but I can't not overreact about this. I don't know how to tell you how much it bothers me you asked her out. I know it's rude of me, I know I'm being a jerk, but it's true."

"Mar," he began signing, pausing in an effort to calm his shaking hands. "I didn't ask her on a date. She was asking me to show her how to ask someone out, so I did."

She stood there for a while, chewing on her lip. "Why would someone ask how to ask someone out? That doesn't make sense." Lance signed something, but he could tell she wasn't paying attention. She just continued. "It's just that you would ask her out when you don't know her very well, while I've been here for you the whole time. I've helped you with a lot, and I'm crazy about you, and I-" He took her hands in his, stopping her mid sentence.

He stared down at her intently. Did he see that last part right? The 'I'm crazy about you' part? She was looking up at him with wide eyes. He searched those eyes, their color just as astounding as when he first saw them. She looked just as nervous as he was, just as scared as he was. Before he knew what he was doing, he leaned down. His nose and forehead rested on hers, his heartbeat quickening with every second. Tilting down a little more, eyes closing, his lips made contact with hers. He'd never kissed someone before and he had no idea what he was doing. He didn't even know if she had kissed someone before, and the realization made him feel terrible.

He pulled back, but Margaret placed her hands on the sides of his jaw to pull him back down. Their lips met again, somehow different the second time around. It was as if this time she was telling him something, telling him that she didn't care what anyone was thinking right then. He kissed her back, the realization of what was happening hitting him with full force. Did this mean they were together now? Did this mean he could see her more? Before his thoughts could get too far, she broke away from him. She quickly wrapped her arms around his torso, burying her face in his chest. He couldn't keep the smile off his face anymore. He wrapped his arms around her, one in her hair, the other on her back. He didn't think he'd ever been so happy.

____________________

Chapter Summary: Margaret confessed to Lance that she likes him, and he went in for a kiss.

Langaret is official, everyone! We can also pretend that that's a good ship name. What did you think? I can always trust your opinion, you beautiful human. Have a great day!