023

Lance

Lance didn't know how to react when he read what Margaret wrote. He was shaking with emotions he didn't know what were. His eyes were burning. He could see now why Margaret requested he wait for her to be gone to read it. Neither of them went to school that day, and he wasn't sure if she would be going the next day. He had to go. If she was going, he had to find her.

¤¤¤

Lance went to school, but didn't go to his history class first thing. They both always arrived early, even in the freezing, snowy weather. He went to her locker, knowing that she usually dropped by her locker before class. To his relief, she was standing in front of it. She pulled it open and began exchanging some books from her backpack. He quickened his pace, wanting to get to her before she was done. When he reached her, he wrapped his arms around her waist in a back hug. In one of his hands was a small note he had written for her. He held it up, and she cautiously took it. Unfolding it, she stared at it. It read:

Mar, my parents couldn't have kids for a long time. They always wanted one, but my mom could never get pregnant. Against all odds, she eventually did. They always tell me I'm their miracle. If your parents don't want to recognize you as their miracle, I will gladly accept you as mine.

He could tell when she was done reading the note. She dropped it in her still open locker, turning in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down. She placed her lips on his, and he kissed her back. His arms were wrapped around her torso still, but he slid them to her sides. He brought one up to her face, deepening the kiss as he leaned down a little bit more. With their height difference, he had to bend over and she had to stand on her toes.

No matter how much he wanted to stay with her like this, he knew they had to get to class. He reluctantly broke away, but he could tell she knew why. He looked her in the eye, running his thumb along the apple of her cheek. He smiled a little, and he could see her smile in return. She chewed on her lip, making him want to kiss her even more. Instead, he gently placed a kiss on her cut. It looked better than it had the day before, but it didn't look great. Placing a hand in hers, he picked up her backpack and closed the door on her locker. They had a class to go to.

THE END

____________________
Chapter Summary: Lance tells Margaret it's okay via a note. They kiss again.

I can't believe this story is over! Thank you SO much if you stayed for the end! You have no idea how much I appreciate you being here. You are an amazing person, don't you forget that. I hope you have an amazing day, and don't forget to be awesome.