chapter 17

Rushing across the path back to the dorms, a young wavy blonde boy stopped suddenly breathing hard as something caught his attention.

"Miyu-senpai ." The boy said as he watched the slightly older girl sanding below the shade of the trees beside the path gazing up at the tree branches. Holding out her hand a bluebird flew down from its nest landing on her finger chipping happily. At the sound of the boy's voice, the girl turned her face towards the boy making her hair sway in the wind brushing against her cheeks. Blushing the boy gazed at her in awe before gasping at his own weakness standing up straight before walking up to her.

"What are you doing, Miyu-senpai ?" He asked as she gently petted the little bird's head.

"Narumi, hello. I like birds, they can fly off anywhere they please without having to have permission from anyone. " Miyu said walking at the bluebird flew off into the sky. Gazing at her face as she gazed into the distance he couldn't help up blush before frowning as a thought crossed his mind.

"Ne,Miyu-senpai...I heard rumors... about your alice... the Phoenix alice ." Narumi said nervously gazing down at his feet. Becoming stiff her eyes widen before gazing over at him.

"How did you find out about that ?" She asked him.

"Anastasia told me. Is it true? "  Narumi mumbled kicking the dirt. Frowning she gazed for a brief moment at the blue sky before gazing over at him.

"It's true, I was born with the alice of a Phoenix. Something most of the time I don't want. " Miyu relieved with a small smile.

"How does it work ?" Narumi asked her curiously.

"I can't really ever grow old, at a certain age, my alice activates. Sometimes when I'm older other times when I'm younger. Demo most of the time it's when my life is at risk. Sometimes I don't mind it, there's one good thing about having that cursed alice ." Miyu said smiling happily all of a sudden.

"What's that ?"

"My wings," Miyu said with a happy closed-eyed smile making Narumi blush in awe. Getting some courage he gazed up at her fisting his fists.

"Miyu-senpai..." He traced off confidently making her eyes widen in surprise.

"Hm ?"

"When I grow older, will you marry me ?" Narumi asked her blushing embarrassed.

"Oh, so I have some competition now do I ?" A voice suddenly said making Narumi jump at the sound quickly turning his head towards the voice.

"E-Eichi -S-Senpai ?!" Narumi shuttered embarrassed being found out by him. Chuckling the person in front of him smiled amused walking over beside him placing his hand on Narumi 's shoulder.

"What do you think? Should I be worried ?" Eichi asked Miyu who laughed shaking her head.

"How about this? If I'm not around I leave Miyu in your hands, Naru-kun." Eichi said to Narumi with a grin. Behind them, Miyu giggled at the sight finding it amusing as the two boys fist-budded each other sealing the deal.

"Don't I get a say in this ?"  Miyu asked with a giggle. Grinning Eichi wrapped an arm around her shoulders making her smile gently.

"I just want to make sure my Hime is taken care of ." Eichi grinned out playful making her laugh. Pulling away she reached out grabbing Eichi's hand before a grabbing Narumi 's hand in the other.