4

"Damn I couldn't do it" Naruto sighed. He tried to go to Ichiraku but it was full and his legs just wouldn't move forward. "Don't be too hard on yourself kid" Kurama said making Naruto enter his mindscape. Naruto sighed and flopped on top of Kurama and laid on his fur. "I hate being here" he said closing his eyes and taking off the mask. "Then why did you stay?" Kurama asked as he put a tail over Naruto. "I don't know my gut just tells me to run for the hills and I haven't gotten scared since I was 9 and had to kill someone for the first time." Naruto said waving his hands in the air.

"There's something going on and if they called me to come back then they must want something from me or they want this" Naruto said taking out an amulet. "You think they want Selene's amulet?"Kurama asked. Naruto nodded "When the Hokage touched my shoulders I could feel her hands searching for something. Sasori noticed it too and connected a chakra string to it so he could track it if something happened to it. This amulet has the power that gives both of us life, if we didn't have it we would both die" Naruto said.

Kurama sighed and moved his tail "Someone's here" Kurama said looking up. Naruto slid his mask on and left his mindscape. "You're early" Sasuke said sitting under the tree Naruto was on. "Yeah" Naruto said sliding his mask to the right side of his head. "Here" Naruto looked down to see Sasuke holding up a bag. Naruto jumped off and sat down besides Sasuke and grabbed the bag.

"Apples?" Naruto asked as he saw a couple of green and red apples washed and in a bag. "We started off on the wrong foot... and you said you liked apples so..." Sasuke looked anywhere but Naruto's face. "If you don't want them then don't eat the-" he stopped as he saw Naruto take out a blade. He cut the apple in half and handed one to Sasuke "Thanks, apples are basically the only thing I eat. Kisame said that I can't live on apples alone but so far I'm still alive" Naruto said with a blank face and a shrug.

"Hey- um Naruto can I ask you something?" Sasuke asked looking at the apple. "What's up?" Naruto asked as he spit out a seed. "H-how's Itatchi..?" Naruto stopped half bite and put his apple down and stared at it. He threw the apple up and caught it crushing it in his hands. "He's fine" Naruto said getting up and taking off his gloves. Sasuke looked at his hands to see his black nails and a moon crest on his left hand. 'That's what the Hokage was talking about so he does have it' Sasuke thought as he looked away.

"Hey guys!" Sakura yelled Sai and Kakashi waved from behind her. "Let's get going" Kakashi said with a yawn. Naruto turned with new gloves on and put the dirty ones in his backpack. Naruto grabbed the bag of apples and dropped it. The bag of apples disappeared once it hit the ground.

"W-what did you do?" Sai asked. "Nothing" Naruto said as he began to walk towards the gates. "Alright...." Sai said. "You aren't gonna tell them?" Kurama asked. "If my theory is correct then telling them my powers would be idiotic. Of course it's not like they've seen any of my actual moves" Naruto said in his mind.

-

"Target has been locked going in" Sakura said into her mic but before Kakashi could stop her she launched at a target. Her whole body felt fuzzy then she landed on her stomach her eyes completely blank. Kakashi sighed loudly "Sasuke!" Kakashi yelled. "On it" Sasuke activated his sharingan and went in to save Sakura.

"I'll go after the target" Kakashi said. "Uhh...actually I think we're fine" Sai said as he looked down from his bird that flew in the sky. "Huh?" Kakashi let out as he looked to where Sai was pointing. There he saw Naruto tie up the target and drag him. "Your time is bad" Naruto said everyone gathering around. "You need to wait for orders don't just charge in" Naruto said to Sakura.

"My father told me you were an excellent student. You should start showing it. I did the mission by myself in a split second and if I had been with my real teammates it would have taken less time" Naruto said. Sasuke clicked his tounge.

"Don't ac-" Sasuke started but Naruto put a gloved hand to his mouth. "Shut up" Naruto whipered. Naruto looked around and saw something shift from a tree above. "There" he said a clear chakra hand shooting up and grabbing whatever was in the tree.

Naruto brought whatever he had caught to his face. In his chakra hand he held a scroll. "When they said they'd be close I didn't think they'd follow me" Naruto sighed making a move to open the scroll then stopped and put it in his cloak. "What was it?" Sai asked looking over his shoulder.

"Nothing, it was just a bird. Let's get going it'll be night in about an 2 hours we have to get out of this forest and set up camp" Naruto said as he dashed away. Sai followed him but the three stayed behind.

"Sasuke? Did you see it?" Sakura asked. "Yeah it's on his left hand, just like the Hokage said it's a moon crest. He must have the amulet we'll look for it tonight when he's asleep." Sasuke said, Kakashi looked pained but nodded.

"Hey wait up" Sai said. Naruto kept going but at a slower pace. "So you never told me how you made that bag dissapear" Sai said. Naruto looked at him. "Why are you talking to me? You want it to don't you, my amulet?"Naruto's eyes turned into slits ready to attack. "No, my orders come from the foundation not the Hokage. Besides I have no interest in getting the amulet" Naruto stopped.

He walked towards Sai being careful since they were on a tree branch. He touched his forhead making a blue light shine and move through Sai's head. 'He's telling the truth' Naruto thought.