27

Hinata's POV.

Just breathe. I put on a smile and walked into the park. "Sorry I'm late!" I yelled out making a brisk jog over to Kiba, Shino, and Akamaru. "Hey Hinata!" Kiba yelled as he waved like a child. "Hi Kiba" I said. "Morning Shino" I called. He seemed happy to not have to cough to make his presence known.

"Akamaru" I said patting his head. "So did you bring it?" Kiba asked looking around me. "Yeah" I said taking out a small box from my backpack. "Here you go Kiba safe and sound" I said opening it and taking out a butterfly pin. It was a beautiful red and gold butterfly. "I hope she likes it" I said letting Kiba have it.

Kiba got a girlfriend about a year ago and they plan on celebrating their anniversary. He didn't know what to get so he asked me to help him. We found this at a boutique a few towns over and Kiba entrusted it with me so he wouldn't loose it while he was away on a mission.

"Thanks Hinata" Kiba said squeezing the daylight out of me. "No problem!" I said with a wide smile. He smiled at the pin and gently tucked it in his pocket.

I wonder what life would have been like if I had said yes to Haru. Maybe if I had then I wouldn't be like this now. Shino and Kiba have both moved on to a more muture period in their lives. Even Akamaru is interested in a dog from the mountains we visited last time.

"Alright well wish me luck and thanks for watching Akamaru you guys!" Kiba said running off. We waved him off and then we sat in silence. It was always nice being with Shino. He looked pretty dark from a far but he's actually a really caring person.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking down at Shino from where i was. "Hinata did you um..." he trailed off. "Did you give it to Naruto?" he asked. I looked down it was only 2 days ago so the wound was still fresh. "No, I decided against it actually. I don't think this is a good time" I said. "Then when is a good time Hinata?" he asked his voice louder than usual which was honestly kind of scary.

"He needs you now the most! Naruto-" I had enough. "He stepped on it!" I yelled. "I gave it to him and he stepped on it. It was by accident but it still hurt. He already has someone Shino. If I was with Naruto then I wouldn't want someone to try to push themselves on to him." I said.

"But you loved him first!" Shino let out scaring even Akamaru. I got off the swing that I was standing on "Yeah I did but HE loved her first" I said turning. "Come on Akamaru" I said and began walking. "Hinata" I could here him sigh my name.

This was idiotic. I should just focus on my clan. Yeah that's what i'll do. I can't let my little sister beat me after all.

_

2 days later

"He still isn't back yet" I said as I stroked Akamaru's fur. My eyes went to my window then to the sliding doors. I have training in 10 minutes. I had to practically beg to practice with father. I have to get stronger i'm sure that Kiba is just having such a good time he forgot he was supposed to come home yesterday.

I finally convinced myself and got up getting my training gear on. I walked down the hall with Akamaru by my side. I'm sure he would be crying if it wasn't for me assuring him that he was coming back today.

"Father" I said bowing my head as I entered the room. "Hurry up, I have to watch Hanabi's training in a moment" my heart dropped at those words. I looked at him and turned around. "Where do you think you're going?" his loud voice boomed behind me. "I asked you to practice with me because I wanted to take my rightful place in the Hyuga clan but it seems you only care about making Hanabi the heir. I understand though she is better than me in many ways, so Father" I said in a slightly harsh tone "I will not bother you with such- idiotic ideas again. I know my place now" I said closing the door.

"Akamaru we're going to go find Kiba" I said making Akamaru bark. I grabbed on to his fur and got on. We then headed out of the village and into the mountins where the route to the village was.

We were only running for like 13 minutes before Akamaru stopped abruptly and threw me off. "Ow" I said rubbing my back since it had hit the rock behind me. Akamaru began to sniff the ground and began to bark at it. "Byakugan!" I activated my visual prowess and sure enough Kiba was right below us.

"Akamaru stay here" I said as I went to the edge of the mountain. There was a rock sticking out and on top an opening. I breathed in and let myself drop. By some stroke of luck I managed to jump in before that small patch of rock fell. "Kiba?" I called.

He was sitting down his eyes open and he had something in his hand. "Kiba" I called again shaking him. "She- she's cheating on me" Kiba whispered but the echo in the small cave was good enough for me to catch it. "How do you know?" I asked genuinely confused she was such a nice girl.

"I saw her kissing another man and when i confronted her she said she was getting married to him" his mouth turned into a small frown and he sniffed. "I'm such an idiot" he growled clutching whatever he had in his hand.

He lifted his clutched hand and threw whatever he had. As it flew mid air I saw the purple glimmer of the stone that had been on the pin. It bounced of edge and outside. I didn't know what to say. He had every right to throw it away. He had every right to feel mad and sad.

"You know" I started not sure where I was going with this "there's a mission Lady Tsunade wanted me to do. It's near the great lake do you want to come with?" I asked.

The great lake was a gaint lake that has still water. There's a legend that says if you look into the water you'll see the face of the person you love. (A/N: I know i've heard this before but I don't remember where)

Kiba looked at me and smiled. "Thanks Hinata but I think I'm done with love for now. We should go Akamaru has been barking for a while." He said. I hadn't even noticed that Akamaru was barking. I frowned as a thought fell upon me.

What if we would always be like this? You know alone. It's scary really. Anyone can be independent but when it comes down to it we all need someone. Well I guess there's no point in worrying about that if we die in this cave.