22

"How did this happen?" Tobi said as he sat in defeat on the chair. "We're sorry if we hadn't-" white Zetsu started but Pain shook his head. "It wasn't anyones fault"he said staring out the window where Naruto sat with Sai. Itachi and the rest.

They waved a hand in front of Naruto's face. He followed it with his eyes but still showed no sign of interest. Deidara made a bird bomb which Naruto always loved. "Look Naru" he called his voice shaky. "You loved these, you always said they were pretty." He tried to put it in Naruto's hand but it fell and landed in mud.

Naruto stared at the clay bird that was now full of mud. "Naruto...please say something" Itachi shook him. Naruto just stared at him blankly "Do something damnit!" Itachi yelled. "Itachi!" Konnan yelled trying to pull him away. They all stopped as they saw the first emotion Naruto had shown in 2 days.

He was crying. His face was still stiff but he wouldn't stop crying as he stared at Itachi's angry face and the clay bird who laid there helplessly. "Naruto? Are you still-" Itachi almost let out a cry. His eyes widened as Naruto's head fell on his shoulder. Naruto's shaky hand patted his head but his hand fell by the second pat.

"We'll fix this, we promise" Itachi said lifting him. Naruto slowly closed his eyes and weakly shook his head. "But we have to do something! Anything!" Hidan yelled. Naruto simply shook his head. His eyes started to drift and they grew lazy.

He was starting to sway in place. He looked at Sai and he parted his lips "Kono...ha" he let out a breath as he fell back exhausted. "He said Konoha just now, should we take him?" Deidara asked. "Ask Pain" Kakuzu said opening the window.

Pain gave a nod and turned to Tobi, "Accompany Itachi and Deidara as well as the boy" he said. Tobi nodded. "If you don't mind i'd like to go as well" Sasori said. Pain looked at Tobi who gave a nod. "Very well" Pain said.

"Be careful not to wake him" Pain said as Itachi put him on his back. Itachi's feet seemed to sink in further to the ground with the extra weight. He hadn't carried Naruto. He was never that type. Out of all the Akatsuki he had never carried him as a kid so now that he was a small smile appeared on his face.

His lip quivered slightly and he bit it to stop the motion. "Let's go" Deidara said. "Right" Tobi agreed with a nod as they headed towards Konoha.

Sasuke's POV.

I let out a small sigh as I saw Sakura staring at the sky while she pulled on a handkerchief. I closed my eyes and let my head fall slightly.

"You've got it bad" my head snapped up. My heart thumped in my chest and my usually stone face wanted to break out in a smile but it wouldn't. "Shut it" I snarled as I stared at Itachi. "I have to tell you both something" he said louder so that Sakura could hear him.

She twisted around quickly and practically jumped Itachi. "Is Naruto all right, if you need a medic I can help. Have you found a way to wake him up? Where is he? Who's taking care of him?" Itachi stayed silent as he heard her many and I mean many questions.

I could feel my blood boil but I ignored it. I wasn't one to have feelings other than hate. It was weakness. It still is. "I'll answer your questions so come with me." He said turning and walking at a faster pace that he usually walked.

I hadn't noticed up till now but he seemed smaller now. I know that he's taller but I feel like if I were to stand next to him I would be taller. His usually straight posture was now slouched and lazy like. His eyes were puffy and they almost never seemes to leave the ground.

He tugged on the sleeve of his cloak and bit his lip. I had never seen so much emotion im my brother that I couldn't help but stare. He noticed and immediately straightened up and stopped his fidiling but he kept the pace.

"We're here" Itachi said pointing to the apartment that Kurama and Fuji were in. He knocked grabbing the handle as the door was yanked open taking Itachi with it. "Sorry Itachi" the masked guy said. "Come in" Itachi said after giving a dirty look to the guy in the mask.

"Naruto is-" he paused and frowned as he thought a bit. "He's awake" I could feel the panic in Sakura stop and she said out a breath. "However-" Itachi said closing his eyes and slowly opening the door.

We stepped inside. Naruto was on a futon sleeping. His skin looked pale and he looked rather skinny. Sakura ran towards him and sat down next to him grabbing his hand. I walked after her at a more reasonable pace. Naruto's eyes opened and I began to see why Itachi looked so down.

"We don't know what happened but he can't move much. And when he tries to he gets tired and passes out." Itachi said. The room was quiet as we all stared at Naruto.

His eyes slowly turned to me. They didn't even look like eyes. They looked more like empty glass balls. "Can we have a moment alone?" I asked before I could even think. They turned to me but I didn't break Naruto's gaze. "Sure, let's go Deidara, Tobi help the girl" Itachi said.

Tobi the masked man helped Sakura get up and then walk her out. She didn't go very calmly. Her fit didn't bother me at that moment. The door clicked and we were alone. We continued to stare at eachother until I closed my eyes and sighed.

I looked down and rubbed my nape. "I'm glad your awake" I said lowly. He just kept on staring at me. It was freaky to be perfectly honest. His face was as blank as snow. It was creepy.

Naruto always smiled, even if it wasn't real he would always smile. I felt my hand twich. "Why aren't you smiling?" I asked my voice broke. He looked at me a single tear fell from his eye before he closed them and fell asleep.

"Your such a dobe," I said yanking his shit lightly. "Wake up" I whispered my eyes felt like jelly. "Wake up..." I knew he was still breathing but his body was so lifeless it scared me. "Please wake up....please smile" my heart hurt. His smile. I wanted to see it. Fake or not that smile could beat the sun.

I felt so child like holding on to his shirt and asking him to wake up repeatedly. I felt alone, the others probably left. It was so quiet I could hear my own heartbeat. I stared at his pale face. "I was scared...for so so long. You mended my broken bond, so you can't leave me until we mend ours".

OKAY SO I'M HAVING SOME TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES SO I DON'T KNOW WHEN THIS WILL UPLOAD BUT THANKS FOR READING!