1.0

Eleanor

"Kyle, I've told you about Eleanor, right?" Charlotte asked you the first game she dragged me to in Des Moines.

"Just briefly," you answered, "But hi, Eleanor. I'm Kyle."

"It's nice to meet you, Kyle." I smiled politely, even though I still didn't want to be there because of my old love for the Red Sox.

We talked for a few more minutes before you brought up my accent.

"Sorry. But where are you from?"

"Boston, why?"

"Your accent. Sounds different. Nice, but different."

I don't have an accent, I thought, But whatever you say.

Three years since I met you, two since we started dating, and the other day, you mentioned how much you love my accent. I still don't think I have one, I just think you're being a dork.

But regardless of how big of a dork you are, you're my dork.

Kyle, when I first moved to Chicago (Well, Wilmette, actually), I had this idea inplanted into my mind that love just wasn't meant for me because of what happened with my ex. I was so set on the fact that if someone said that they loved me, they'd end up doing something about as shitty as what he did to me.

But you, my dear, have brought a feeling into my life that I thought I'd never feel again.

And with every thing you do, and every word you say, I just find myself falling more in love with you than before.

Kyle Christian Hendricks, the tenth thing I need you to know, is that I am forever grateful that Charlotte dragged me all the way to Des Moines. I am forever grateful for your nervous self in my apartment that one day two years ago. I am forever grateful for the person that is with me today.

But most importantly, I love you.