Ben's Studio, And The Witch's Ghost

Ben kept leading them over and showed them the malevolent like place. "Well, here we are..."

"Wow..." Braedey whispered.

Braedey then began to look around. Ben let them inside to explore.

"Wow, so this is where it all started?" Velma beamed.

"Yes, I wrote all my early novels here," Ben smiled. "Now I spend most of my time in Europe, but I come back once a year to recharge my batteries."

Velma looked to the 1980's computer at the desk with a smile. Braedey looked at everything that Ben had in his studio.

"You have some cool things here, Ben." Fred smiled.

"I'll say!" Daphne added as she looked at the posters of his books on the wall.

"Yeah," Braedey said as he continued to look around. He then saw a portrait of a young woman, holding a book and she had long raven hair and looked friendly. "Mr. Ravencroft, is this your ancestor?" he asked while pointing to the portrait.

"She looks very pretty." Valka added.

Ben took a look and smiled. "Yes, indeed... I think it was painted by a grateful patient. Of course, she wasn't popular with the town's doctors. Sarah was nontraditional with her approach to medicine, she was a Wiccan."

"Say what?" Fred asked.

"I've read about them," Daphne replied. "Wiccans were people who were in tune with the forces of nature and used them for healing purposes."

"In fact the word witch comes from Wiccan." Braedey said.

"I'm impressed." Ben smiled with what Daphne and Braedey knew. Valka nodded also.

Velma then put in her own knowledge, seeming to want Ben's attention then too.

"You know it's funny," Ben smiled. "Doing research on Sarah and the Wiccans led me to read almost everything about the world of superstition. That's how I started writing stories to frighten people."

"Cool." Braedey said.

"I think I'm going to visit the puritan village, they say that Sarah is going to make an appearance, anyone wanna come with?" Ben asked.

"Sure, maybe Shaggy and Scooby will come too." Velma agreed.

"I want to find Sarah's journal," Ben stated his business about the book he had been searching for. "That way I can prove to people she was a Wiccan healer and not a witch after she was falsely arrested 400 years ago."

"And I hope she tells you where it is so you can find it to prove everyone that she wasn't an evil witch." Braedey said.

"That would be most good, everyone is meeting tonight to visit her spirit." Ben looked to the boy.

"We'll be there," Fred stated bravely. "We better see Scooby and Shaggy to see if they would be willing to go."

"Good luck with that, we'll go to the diner." Daphne suggested.

Velma looked to Ben. "You coming with us?"

"I better go in advance, I'll meet you all there." Ben said to them.

"I'll go and see if they want to go too." Braedey said, joining them.

"Suit yourself." Fred shrugged, then began to leave with Daphne, Velma, Valka and Braedey.

Velma looked eager to stay with Ben too, but she went with her gang anyway.

"How much food do you think they've eaten already?" Braedey asked them while they were making their way to Scooby and Shaggy.