02

as if yoongi completely forgot that his nice neighbor gave him wings, he barged out of the apartment, ignoring her greeting.

but she did not frown like he thought she would. she simply smiled and waved.

he didn't wave back.

after yoongi left, jem waited on the steps of her apartment for jimin. he promised to her around the school and she was excited. she liked jimin and thought he was sweet to offer.

so she waited five minutes. and five turned into fifteen. and fifteen turned into thirty.

she repeatedly looked at her watch, nervous she was going to be late on her first day. so she left a note on jimin's door and hurried out.

taking a taxi, she arrived to the school with only ten minutes left and she didn't know where her building was.

worried and anxious, she bounced on the soles of her feet and pushed her messenger bag back on her shoulder.

brushing the curls out of her face, she reassured herself with a smile, "it's okay! i'll be able to find it!"

she hurried up the stairs, looking for signs on where to go, but the building had many wings.

even better, she was terrible at reading maps.

jem tapped her foot anxiously, "c'mon, c'mon...where is the the arts building?"

she looked right and left before her eyes landed on a familiar figure. wanting to shout his name, her eyes widened as she realized she didn't know it.

scratching the back of her neck she muttered, "screw it," and shouted "hey neighbor! it's jem!"

the black haired male turned around at this, his face not happy.

running up to him she smiled quickly, still jumping as she said, "sorry! i don't know your name but it's my first day and i don't know where to go! do you happen to know where the arts building is? i have to go to A206."

he groaned, muttering, "of course."

jem got closer, "pardon?"

yoongi backed away and sighed. "it's the class i'm in."

a smile blew up on jem's face, relief in the mix, "thank goodness! i thought i was going to be late. thank you! you didn't tell me your name last time we met, so...what's your name?"

rolling his eyes, yoongi walked towards the building as jem shrugged and skipped behind him.

they entered the class together as everybody stared at the new girl. but jem didn't care, she was in awe of the room. it was bright with many colors and art supplies flooding the entire classroom.

she was happy and her grin and slight jumping showed it for sure.

yoongi hurried to a seat, not wanting to be associated with his crazy neighbor, since jem waved at everybody, saying, "hello, hello!"

groaning, yoongi hit his head on the table repeatedly before he was suddenly stopped from a hand gently holding his head back.

"oh, don't do that! your head will hurt!" jem scolded playfully, smiling cutely at yoongi.

glaring at her, he slapped her hand away, "that's the whole point."

not even phased, jem sat down next to him, much to his dismay.

thankfully, the professor walked in before she could open her cheery mouth and the couple's attention both was taken by the professor.

the professor was an old man yoongi had grown to love and one that would later influence his thoughts.

jem smiled and awed internally when she saw the old man. she loved old people.

the old man nodded a greeting towards jem who grinned back. she was estancia to pursue her passion at a new school.

the professor tilted his head in confusion when he looked over and saw the new giddy girl next to the boy who never showed emotion.

what an interesting relationship that will turn out to be.

the professor stood in front of the class, easily quieting it down. "today will be an interesting day. i want you to paint what makes you happy."

the college students groaned, wanting something more exciting. they were in college for goodness sakes!

laughing at the reaction he got, the professor walked around the room. "now don't you groan. no assignment is too childish or simple like you guys are probably thinking. this is an assignment you can take anywhere. it's also a mental progression project because i will give you this assignment at the end of the semester also. i'm curious to see how your skills in art define your happiness."

continuing, he said, "free medium. you know what to do."

everyone got up, including yoongi, to get as they please and get set up. jem, confused, looked around, trying to figure out where everything was.

as she was looking, she saw the professor gesturing for her to come towards him.

happily obliging, she smiled and shook his hand, "hi! my name is jem, and i'm a transfer student who is currently very lost."

the old man belt out a laugh, "of course you are."

"yoongi!" he shouted. jem turned around to see who it was. her neighbor perched up at the sound of the name, groaning as he saw his neighbor waving at him happily.

jem clapped her hands together, grinning, "so your name is yoongi! that's such a nice name. i love it!"

rolling his eyes, yoongi stared at the professor, "yes sir?"

the professor chuckled at this, "please show this lovely lady the basics of this classroom."

yoongi nodded before walking ahead of jem. jem smiled at the professor, about to go after yoongi when the old man interrupted her.

"miss. you have an assignment on top of this that i'd like you to do."

jem stopped in her stride and looked at her elder. she didn't frown or groan but she simply nodded excitedly, up for a challenge.

the teacher knew she was special from that one reaction and so he smiled and whispered:

"i want you to make that grumpy lad smile."