05

i'm sorry for not updating on wednesday i had a 5 page essay to write up and i hadn't even started + on friday my sister gave birth to my second niece, sofia :') (she's in the side) thank you for your patience.

-

the professor dismissed class and yoongi was the first one out the door. waving to the professor bye, jem called out for him, "wait up, yoongi!"

she eventually caught up to him because hell no was he going to be running.

jem smiled as they walked by side by side, making yoongi groan. he just wanted peace and silence.

"what are you painting?" she asked with a bounce in her step. they walked silently as she waited for his reply. and realizing he probably wouldn't reply back, she eventually turned her head back ahead.

"pancakes," he muttered.

a grin appeared on her face as she repeated what he said, looking at his avoiding gaze, "pancakes? your happiness is pancakes?"

yoongi shot her a slight glare, "and? what's wrong with that?"

shaking her head hastily and waving her heads in a 'no' manner, she smiled in front of her, "no there's nothing wrong with that. that just makes me happy to know."

tilting his head, yoongi questioned, "why would that make you happy?"

"because i make a mean batch of pancakes!" jem concluded giddy.

trying to suppress his chuckle, yoongi turned his head away from her and looked down at his feet as they were walking. "all this talk about pancakes makes me hungry."

a gurgle came from jem's stomach at that very moment as she sheepishly smiled, "me too...you wanna go eat?"

-

the couple were walking down downtown together as jem looked at awe at everything she saw. therefore, a sign caught her eye, making her turn around to walk backwards to look at it more. the words 'flower shop' was enough to her want to mark the place in her mind to come back to. "hey yoongi, where-?"

jem heard a horn of a loud truck as everything seemed to go into slow motion. loud noises and yells from bystanders caused her to turn around only to see a car speeding up right in front of her.

but before the car could hit her, a hand quickly latched onto hers, throwing her into their embrace.

shock was painted all over face as she turned pale, frightened. she gripped onto her hero's shirt tighter, not wanting to let go. her breath was shaky as she whispered, "t-thank you s-so much."

they stood there in silence as yoongi's arms snaked around her waist to give her some time to breath.

he gave her one last squeeze before letting space go in between them. the look he gave made him seem angry but in reality, that was just his way of showing concern. "why the hell would you walk backwards into a cross walk that was red for us?! you could have gotten killed!"

a tear threatened to escape her eye but jem shoved it back in, looking at the ground ashamed, "i-i don't know. i was curious about the flower shop up there."

yoongi looked behind him as he sighed, "you could have asked me to stop or something. no need to risk your safety for a bunch of flowers that would die soon anyways."

jem nodded, not looking up into his harsh eyes. "i'm sorry."

"just be more careful next time. you may be alone with no way to help you."

she nodded again as a moment of silence made a blush creep up her face as she realized yoongi' hand were still gripping her hips tightly.

clearing her throat, she backed away from his cold touch that she felt annoyingly warm without. and realizing why she backed away, yoongi's eyes widened as he scratched the back of his neck, muttering, "sorry."

her head shot up to look at his now avoiding gaze making her she smile, "it's okay."

"let's just go eat."

"yeah let's do that."

as they walked through the cross walk, yoongi found himself being as close to jem as possible, wanting nothing to happen. but when he realized he was doing this, he immediately backed away and simply watched her with his guarded eyes.

a breath of relief sounded out of yoongi once they crossed the street and he freely pointed at the restaurant, "they serve the best burgers."

and at the word 'burgers', jem sped up and hurried into the restaurant as if she was usain bolt, leaving yoongi by himself.

he stared at his surroundings in disbelief, the corners of his mouth twitching.

he smiled.