06

jem ^

NOT EDITED
-

by the time yoongi walked into the burger shop, jem was already at the register. yoongi saw the large line that jem somehow avoided and quickly walked over to jem.

"and pickles! don't forget pickles, please and thank you!" jem finished before looking over at a hovering yoongi who looked away when jem saw.

"and can i have a double cheeseburger with a medium fry and a medium dr.pepper?" yoongi recited.

"of course. will this be all together?"

and before jem could open her mouth, yoongi had already nodded a yes as jem stared at him in confusion. yoongi handed the employee the money before walking away from the register, leaving jem hanging.

she hurried after him, and touched his shoulder gently, making him suck in his breath.

he didn't know why.

turning around, yoongi looked at jem with a raised eyebrow, "what?"

jem frowned making yoongi immediately furrow his eyebrows together as he got worried. he realized he didn't like someone who constantly smiled to frown. it wasn't natural.

looking down at her feet, "jem asked, "why'd you pay for my food? i can pay for my own."

yoongi was surprised that that's what she was frowning about. he takes free food as fast as he can.

"why are you upset over that? it's just food."

jem gave a small smile, before it disappeared. "i know, but i can pay for my own, okay? please let me pay next time. thank you though."

confused, yoongi simply nodded, muttering, "yeah." before sitting down.

sighing, jem's expression completely changed when she brought her head back up to look at yoongi, grinning, "i'm so excited to try this! if it isn't as good as you say, man..."

amazed at how she could turn so cheery so fast, yoongi hesitated before replying back, "i think all burger lovers will know this is the best burger in town. my friends and i come here a lot."

jem smiled before rubbing her hands together. yoongi stared in anticipation for her to try the deliciousness. she took her first bite.

"oh man, holy shit!"

yoongi stared at a gaping jem who was covering her mouth, not believing she had cursed aloud.

it was silence as jem chewed awkwardly with a red face.

and then suddenly, yoongi burst out laughing. "oh my god! that reaction was priceless!"

jem slowly starting chuckling with him before they both were laughing.

"hold on...is this the min yoongi laughing?"

immediately yoongi stopped laughing as jem slowed to a stop. confused on why yoongi stopped laughing, she turned her head to see six boys with differing expressions. one of them being especially prominent.

scanning each of the males presented in front of her, jem realized these must be yoongi's friends.

yoongi cleared his throat, "hey guys."

one of the boys started giggling like a middle school boy, "oh-oh. i see. yoongi is embarrassed that we intruded on his date."

jem felt bad as she looked over to a flustered yoongi who was back to his resting grumpy stance as he scratched the back of his neck, pushing his plate away.

smiling cheerfully, jem waved to the boys, "hi! i'm jem. yoongi and i aren't on a date, so don't tease him," she chuckled. "we just met yesterday! i'm in his new neighbor and we share a class. that's all!"

and even though jem thought she was saying all the right words, the boys knew she wasn't when looking at their friend's face. even one of the younger looking ones started talking, "but yoongi-hyung doesn't just take anyone to his fav-!" he was interrupted by a jab to the ribs as the boys all smiled awkwardly at the girl.

"hey, j-jem."

jem turned to the sound of her voice only to see a familiar face, "oh, hey, jimin!"

the boys looked from yoongi to jimin before slowly backing away, as if already sensing what was in store:

"oh no."

-

hey guys sorry this is unedited and not even looked over its like 10:30pm here and i have class tomorrow but i just felt bad for it updating because the whole last week was absolute shit for me. nothing went right and i cried almost every night because i'm such a cry baby and i just learned...not to have high expectations for things. nothing ever turns out right for me. i was just under a whole lot of stress and pressure last week all for it to be pushed back and back and now i'm stressed for tomorrow and i can't sleep. i'm sorry, guys. i'm really good at neglecting the people who take the time to read my stuff.

im sorry.