09

the kitchen area was quiet except for the subtle common kings music playing in the background.

a boy was trying to precisely cut fruits with his tongue sticking out of his mouth, focusing real hard on each little piece.

a giggle was heard from a giddy girl at the stove, flipping pancakes into perfect circles.

the boy frowned at the distraction as he turned his head slightly to stare at jem who was covering her mouth from giggling at him even more before looking away- making him forget about the knife in his hand.

"ouch!"

jem's eyes landed back on yoongi who dropped the knife and was holding a bleeding finger. her smile immediately dropped as she ran over to him, "oh my god! i'm so sorry!"

she immediately brought his hand towards the sink, washing it off. yoongi's eyes were not able to keep up with the speed of her actions as she had already hurried back with a first aid kit. it wasn't that bad of a cut, but jem held the boy's hand preciously, aiding it with rubbing alcohol and wet wipes.

yoongi's cheeks flushed as he stared at her concentrating on his finger. the warmth of her body so close to his, made him blush when he never did. he stared at her from underneath his lashes. the body movement she made to get a bandaid, landed his lips closer to hers then it was before. his breathing was shaky as she kept biting her lips. she ripped the packaging of the bandaid before peeling the sides, placing it around his finger with a tiny smile.

"done!" she exclaimed excitedly with a grin before looking up at a yoongi whose eyes were fixated on her plump lips. only when she felt the sharp breathing of the boy, did she realize the close proximity between them. her smile slowly slid off her face as she looked down, bashfully. even though her red cheeks were still evident, she gathered up the courage to look back directly into yoongi's eyes, making him gulp. no one knew who made the first move, but suddenly they were both moving closer to each other, hesitating with each breath. they got to a point where their noses rubbed against each other, yoongi's hands burning her hips with his touch. with one last, shy look from jem, both of their eyes fluttered closed, inching towards each other once more.

their lips barely touched when the doorbell rung.

immediately they backed away from each other's touch so quickly, their movements surprised them.

jem's mouth gaped like a fish, her face redder than the roses on her counter, the feeling of mistake washing of her face, noticeable to yoongi as she ran out of the kitchen to answer the door as he stared at her hurried actions.

he too had a blushing face as he laid back on the counter, running a hand through his hair.

he's never been so frustrated in his life as he realized jem probably regretted ever even planning this day.

before he could think anymore about what had just happened and the feeling of jem's body melting into his, she had walked back in the room, smiling once more as if nothing ever happened.

jimin in tow.

jimin looked shocked to see yoongi already in the kitchen. but he ignored him and turned around to look at a jem who was explaining what she had been making.

yoongi wasn't listening. he was too busy thinking while repeatedly muttering a, "fuck you, jimin."

"what was that, yoongi?"

jimin's eyes met yoongi's as yoongi muttered, "nothing."

jem clapped her hands together, a habit of hers, as she exclaimed, "okay! we do not want any more incidents, so how bout you too go do something in the living room as i prepare for you guys. i want this to be perfect for my recently acquired friends."

"okay!" jimin replied back as giddily as jem talks on a daily before walking out of the kitchen.

yoongi didn't follow him.

jem stared at him, waiting for him to get the hint to leave, when he asked, stalling for time, "are you sure you don't need anymore help?"

"yup!"

the black haired boy was a little hurt as jem didn't mention or seem to be affected about their previous actions as he walked out after jimin.

after he finally left, jem sighed, closing her eyes as she let her self sink in the chair next to her. her heart beat was beating at an unhealthy rate, as she touched her lips softly.

i cannot feel this way. not again.