12

No one moved. No one knew what she was thinking, what was going on in her head. Someone needed to talk to her, talk her out of whatever it is she was thinking. But first, she needed to talk. She needed to explain to us why she killed her best friend, her brother, and Namjoon.

We stood as still as the air and waited. Sehun had stopped moving long ago. His cries had faded out into the silence. Jimins sniffing turned into silent hiccups.

I wasn't sure how to feel about the entire situation. What were her plans for us? Will we be able to make it until the boats arrive? I held Taehyungs hand tightly. If it wasn't for him, I would have gone insane by now.

"W- What are your reasons?" I choked out.

Her eyes slid to mine, they were bloodshot red. "Like I said, everyone had something I wanted. Min... was my best friend, I didn't mean to kill her. I had it all wrong."

We waited for her to continue. She was staring at the floor now as if remembering something. "I thought she was lying to me, to get me away from him."

"Joy," Hoseok speaks for the first time. "Just put the gun down and talk to us. "We'll listen, I pro-"

"Shut up!" She's glaring at him now. "This is my time to talk!" He doesn't say anything else so she continues. "She told me after the party ended that-" She sobbed. "She caught Sehun and Jongin making out on the third floor."

Her hand tightened around her weapon while the other balls into a fist. Teardrops dot the wooden floor before she speaks. "I-I thought she was lying, she knew I liked Sehun."

Suddenly she stops crying and starts laughing. "I remember her facial expression when I choked her. I got this rush of excitement when I pushed her down the stairs."

She looks at us, one by one, studying our expressions. "And then I decided, I was going to get what I wanted so I stabbed her brother until the pain went away. Until he got what he deserved." She looks down at her hands, then wraps them both around the gun. "But then I got sloppy, let my emotions get the best of me. I told Sehun what I had done, wanting him to want me in return."

She raises her arms slowly until she's pointing at the boy on the floor. " But he told me I was crazy, he told me he could never love me."

She pulls the trigger but she's off target. Everything happens so fast, it was almost a blur. Yoongi gasps holding his stomach, Jin catches him before he falls to the floor. Hoseok pushes Joy making the gun slide across the floor. "Everyone go, I'll try to calm her down!"

Everyone moves as fast as they can to get out of that house as fast as possible. After a while, we stop in the middle of a forest of sagging trees. The moon is the only light we have.

Jin takes off his sweater and lifts Yoongis' shirt up. There's a small hole but it manages to cause him extreme pain. "I have to take out the bullet or it will become infected."

Jimin nods quickly, wiping his tears. "W-With what, what do you need?" We're unable to find something so Jin is forced to use his hand. "You'll be okay, I promise." Jimin smooths down Yoongi's black hair and kisses his forehead.

I look away as Jin reaches Yoongis' stomach. He yells in pain but it ends quickly. I look back to find Jin wrapping the bullet in a cloth and tucking it in his pocket. "The police will need that." He wraps his sweater around Yoongi and pulls his shirt down but the blood still seeps through.

"I think there's a cabin somewhere on this island," I say as we start to move again.

Jimin looks at me. "How would you know that?"

"I've gone on a walk before, it's across some rocks." I don't look at him when I speak. I don't want to tell him what Taehyung and I have been doing. He'll say he's no good for me, that I don't need him.

We walk for a few more minutes until we get to the bridge of rocks. I carefully walk over them, not wanting to fall. Right before I do Taehyung steadies me. "Carful, the rocks are-"

He's cut off by Jimin yelling in pain. I turn to see he's fallen between the rocks, and now has a deep cut on his arm. I go to help him, but he rejects me.

"Go, just take us to the cabin before it gets completely dark."

I don't say anything and do what he says. Before we know it, a small cabin appears before our eyes. Everyone walks past me and go inside but I just stand there staring.

"Jungkook," Taehyung whispers. His fingers tangle with mine, as he presses a soft kiss on my lips. "Everything will be fine, I promise."