Chapter Five

I instinctively made a quick glance to Spock, considering Vulcan was his home world. His face betrayed little emotion outside of stark curiosity. But I could have sworn I noticed a brief flicker of worry in his eyes.

I turned back to Jim who looked relieved since he was getting out of his hearing.

"Hey, I'll see you later, I have to go with the other nurses to see what ship I'm on?" I said and gave him a quick hug.

"Be safe," He insisted. He wouldn't be able to go off world while being held in an academic trial which in some ways was a relief. He'd be in much less danger on Earth than in Space.

I nodded. "Don't you get into anymore trouble," I told him seriously but he merely flashed a devious grin before we went our separate ways.

I quickly found one of my nursing friends, Lily, and stood with her in the group of other nurses that were awaiting to hear their ship.

It took a few moments but soon I heard my name. "Kirk, Ferris. Farragut," The man at the front of the crowd said. My brows promptly furrowed.

The Farragut?! The Farrugut was a C-Class ship that most low grade, V average interns would be sent to. I was not a fucking intern.

Then I realized, Spock was the one in charge of ship determinations.

That bitch.

I took off speed walking through the crowd in search of a certain pointy eared handsome bastard. I searched the crowd and caught side of that bowl cut. I made a hasty beline to him and nearly ran into an ensign with arms full of plastic tubing.

"Commander Spock might I have a word with you?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest as he tapped away on a silver tablet.

"And what could I assist you with Cadet Kirk?" Spock asked innocently.

As if he didn't know.

"Sir, you assigned me to the Farragut. Might I ask your intentions?" I asked plainly, holding back my frustration.

"There was no ill intention intended in my decision. The environment of the Farragut seemed a better fit, " Spock said with a blank tone that was becoming irritable.

"You do realize I was number two in my advanced universe biology and nursing classes and even received a gold standard on my nursing abilities( idk what awards nurses get so just bear with me) and yet you put me on the Farragut," I listed off, almost spatting out the last word.

"Mrs.Kirk it was my decision to put you there," Spock claimed stiffly, his eyes finally peeling away from his tablet. His curt tone was an attempt to finish the conversation.

"I'm starting to think that you're deliberately misplacing me after that little debate in front of the council," I persisted

"No, your earlier actions did not affect my decision," He replied smoothly as if he was almost amused with our conversation.

"Well, if Commander Pike figures out that you assigned the second best nurse in the cadet sector to the Farragut, how do you think he will react? You should know Pike came to me personally to have me join StarFleet," I told him.

"Mrs. Kirk you will be on the Fa- No! I am on the Enterprise!" I finished for him. Spock just gazed at me and I held his stare, unwilling to let this go.

The Enterprise was my dream. It was where I was meant to be. I could feel it deep down but someone like Spock would probably never understand.

He took a breath. "It appears you are," He said, still not breaking our gaze and tapping twice on his tablet.

I offered a half grin. "Thank you sir," I said gratefully before patting him on the shoulder, a gesture he surely did not anticipate, and then headed for the shuttle lanes. I didn't see it but as I walked away, Spock turned his head to the side with a quirked brow.

"Fascinating."

I found my designated shuttle and took a seat near the window.

"Finally."