Chapter Six

As soon as my shuttle landed on the Enterprise, I hustled to the nursing wing. I soon found myself in my new nursing sector that was polished and beautiful. And what even better is that it was located right next to Bones office.

So far, everything was going smoothly as I got situated, but there was one thing bothering me.

As rumors and word spread, new information was being found about the cause of the Vulcan Distress call. Specifically, many people had mentioned something about a lightning storm in Space. For some odd reason, that reminded me of something but I couldn't name what.

It was like a flickering bulb in the back of my mind that wouldn't quite turn on all the way.

I was busy attending to a engineering women who had burnt her finger while welding when my thoughts were interrupted by a sudden message from Bones to come to the bridge. I quickly hand off the engineer to another nurse and made my to the bridge. And did so without getting lost in the nearly identical white hallways.

I strode onto the bridge to see Spock, Jim, Pike, and Bones all arguing with each other. My face lit up in surpise at the sight of my twin brother. At the same time, a twinge of confusion flickered across my features.

"Jim? What are you doing here?" I asked curiously, interrupting their argument. Not that I wasn't happy to see him.

"Oh thank god you're here," He said happily, bringing me right into the ongoing conversation. Both Spock and Pike looked peeved. "I have been trying to explain to them that on the day of our birth it was reported that there was 'a lightning storm in space' that ended up being a ship. What if this is that same ship?

My brows furrowed, temporarily struggling to catch up with their argument. I knew the history as well as anyone and the 'lightning storm' ship Jim spoke was never seen again after disappeared through a black hole. Lightning storm in space....

No way its the same ship... right?

"Are you insinuating that somehow the ship has reappeared?" Spock questioned stiffly, sounding dubious.

Pike looked unsure but I could see Jim's logic. "It could be possible. There's never been an anomaly like that ever recorded since or before. I recommend that we proceed with caution," I insisted and Pike considered it. Out of me and my brother, he knew I was the voice of reason.

"Sir," A young, heavily accented voiced chirped. I turned to see Pavel Chekhov, who I'd met in Lunar Studies. "We will be approaching our destination in 3...... 2.......1."

We pulled out of warp and landed up approaching a scene of incredible destruction. All around us was debris from destroyed StarFleet ships that had all gotten there before us. Massive hunks of metal waded by and I made the mistake of looking too closely at it and seeing human figures among the damage. A gasp was heard all through the room as we all stared wide eyed at the destruction.

I caught a glimpse of the helm of the Farragut as it passed by and Spock saw it too. We shared a look.

"Shields up! Mr.Sulu maneuver us through this mess!" Pike ordered, quickly taking command and ripping our attention from the scene.

An Asain man, presumably Sulu, complied quickly setting a course to maneuver around all the debris. I stayed close to Jim as a claw of worry ran down my spine. The unmistakable sense of dread had pooled in my stomach.

When we finally came out the other end of the destroyed ships a giant ship with long, almost tendril like appendages stood waiting. A cold feeling seeped into my skin at the sight.

"Shields up," Pike ordered just before the enemy ship began to fire. Flashes of red raced toward the Enterprise and upon contact caused sudden tremors. I gripped the side of a control panel to balance myself.