ii.

"I'm going to do my best to give you the colors," she said.

So this was what she had been thinking about.

"Really?" he said, skeptically, taking a sip from his mug of hot chocolate. They'd gone to a coffee shop, and then to the park afterwards. It was autumn. Around them, people walked the paths, leaves crunching beneath their feet. Dogs barked; children laughed. The hot chocolate burnt his tongue,  but still he took another sip. 

"Yes," she said. 

"You'd be the first to undertake that challenge," he said, leaning back against the bench. "I'm thinking it's going to be a lost cause."

"Maybe, but we won't know unless we try."

"You know I'll never perceive color the same way you do," he said. 

"I know. Even if you see it a different way than me, through tastes and feelings and sounds, you'll still get to experience it somewhat."

"Ok then," he said, giving in. She always won. Stubborn. He liked it. Might as well give in now, because it would happen eventually anyways. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to show you colors." She paused, the zeal in her words washing over him in the brief moment of quiet. "I'm going to paint you the sky, the trees, and all the things in between."