.[7].

"Well, didya have fun?"

"Most certainly Princess, thank you."

The two royals had stepped out of the fountain and began to walk towards where they left their clothes.

"Hey no formality around me, k? It's just us, no one else is here!"

Elvin looked around the garden to make sure, the let out a huge sigh of relief. 

"It's good to just have time to yourself once  in a while, right? I forget that a lot so I usually end up overworking myself."

"Zelda..."

"But I'm used to it by now, don't worry!"

Elvin smiled. 

I hope I'm not being too selfish! I do tend to talk for eons...

"So guessing from swimming in a garden fountain for the first time, you and I are kinda in the same situation?"

"In a way...just my mother is...well, you know..."

Oh, I know Elvin trust me.

"Well she is just looking out for you, but still, everyone needs a little downtime at some point."

"I'm glad I got to spend my first 'downtime' with you, Zelda. This was a truly memorable experience for me!"

He smiled wide enough so that his teeth showed. Not many people showed their teeth when smiling nowadays, so he looked really adorable. Water droplets dripped from his long, blonde locks and his gray-blue eyes were twinkling in the hot sun beaming onto their heads.

Zelda shivered, still recovering from her swim. Elvin wrapped his cape around her and her head perked up.

"Hey, don't you need this? You'll catch a cold."

"And so will you if you do not do the same. Please take it. Be warm. I'll be fine with a damp shirt up until I get to my room."

"Are yo-"

"I'm sure."

"T...Thank you."

They walked back together to their rooms, their footsteps echoing in the long, open, and spacious corridors. Zelda's eyes wandered over to Elvin. His shirt was sopping wet making his chest visible through the fabric. He wasn't super muscular, nor lanky and weak-looking, just in between. Zelda felt her face get hot.

Why am I thinking about this? Why am I examining him so closely? UGH!

"I'll see you later tonight then Zelda."

"Yep, see ya then!"

Elvin entered his room as Zelda shut the door to her bedroom behind her. 

Okay, the celebration starts soon, so I better get ready now.

"Link!"

He didn't seem to be in the room at the moment, so she figured she'd take a shower now. She got undressed in her closet and coming out with a soft, lilac-colored towel wrapped around her body. She walked leisurely towards the bathroom humming a tune to herself.

She opened the door and walked inside the grand and royal bathroom. She took out the pins and clips that held her hair together and let her her long, silky hair fall gracefully down her back. As she started the bath/shower, she began to take off her towel-

Wait.

I feel like there's someone...

Watching me...

Zelda turned around and looked towards the floor. Sure enough, someone was there, and he was just as surprised as she was. The both of them stared at each other in silence. Finally...

"HHHHH LINK U PERV!"

Zelda balled her hand up into a fist and hammered down on Link's head. 

"What were you thinking? I called your name and there was no answer so it was only natural for me to think you weren't here..."

She continued blabbing until she was out of breath (of the wild....serry couldn't resist!).

Link pointed to one of the floor tiles on the ground. He lifted it up so he could show Zelda that it was loose and that he was in the middle of repairing and recementing it. She relaxed.

"Sorry...I shouldn't have hit you."

Link smiled forgivingly, then his expression slowly faded into a not-so-happy one. Zelda noticed this and became concerned.

"You okay?"

"...."

She bent down on the floor and sat next to him, hugging her knees and resting her head on his shoulder. She felt his head lean on top of hers in return and this made her feel happy. He managed to find her hand, grab onto it, and clutch it tightly in his.

"Hah, you worried I'm gonna leave or something?"

"...."

"Well, I'm not. I already told you, Link, how many times do you want me to say it? I will never stop loving you Link, no matter what the situation, that's a promise. I won't abandon you, okay?"

"O...k....."