.[9].

"I told you that you could call me Zelda! You don't have to be formal when it's just us," Zelda remarked

Elvin chuckled nervously.

"You look wonderful."

"You look pretty dandy yourself," Zelda teased poking her finger at his chest jokingly. 

He laughed softly.

"Alright, let's go then," he said smiling.

They began to walk towards the party room with their arms linked together. 

He does have a cute smile...but Link's is just a bit more adorable...

She smiled to herself when she thought of the rare occasions where Link fully smiled. It made her day ten times brighter, and more willing to go to this kinda unnecessary gala thing.

They reached the tall golden doors to the party room, where they could hear chatter amongst hundreds on the other side. As Zelda was about open the door, she heard Elvin gulp beside her.

"Don't be nervous!"

"Although I've done this numerous of times, I guess I still tend to get a little anxious before socializing," he said sounding embarrassed. 

"Well if you've done it many times, you can do it again, right? Link would've been a completely different story-"

Oh shit...maybe I shouldn't bring up Link in front of him...

"I could only imagine, he seems like a great person for you."

Fuuuuuhckckc. Why Zelda, why? You had to bring up Link?!

"I mean! Um-"

Elvin laughed and Zelda stared back up at him confused.

"I could tell from  the moment I stepped in this castle. You two just seemed so..."

"...."

"....in love."

"I'm sorry Elvin! I think you are the definition of a gentleman and you are probably the sweetest and most compassionate man I've ever met in my entire life. I'm really glad I was arranged to marry you above all suitors that I could've ended up with..."

Zelda shuddered at the thought of the old men requesting her hand in marriage.

"And I do love you, but not in the way-"

"-that you love Link."

Zelda looked at the ground.

UgH! I hate doing this!!

"To be completely honest, I too have pledged my love to another."

"Wait really?"

Elvin smile and nodded.

"I know exactly how you feel."

"What's her name?"

"Adeline."

He looked down at his hand. Zelda noticed a gold ring glinting in the light on his left finger.

"You were engaged to her?"

He nodded.

"If it's okay to ask, what happened?"

"She passed away a week before the wedding."

Zelda's face grew sad and empathetic.

"I'm so-"

"-Zelda I loved her."

"I bet you did."

"And she just..."

He turned away from her. A teardrop slid down his pale-skinned cheek and onto the floor. Zelda rubbed his back, trying to comfort him.

Elvin...how did something so awful happen to someone so kind?

"I...I think I'm ready now," he said trying to sound happy. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, let's go. This celebration will take my mind off of it."

The two of them finally headed into the room.

Meanwhile...

Why is Zelda always around him? I mean come on, he was obviously just trying to get close to her... 

-Wait...what the...did I really just think.....

Link's mind was going crazy as he just left the scene between Zelda and Elvin. Even though he was on his way to the party, Link decided to go back to his room.

Like they need my company anyway. Tch...get a room...

-Why am I thinking like this?

Link dropped to the floor as his ankle began to sting again with pain.

"AGH!"

He pulled up his pant leg and the bite mark from Harrium spread up his leg in a black, vine-looking pattern.

What the? It wasn't this bad before...

He began to think about how badly it hurt to see Zelda with Elvin, thinking that the pain they both caused him was equally unbearable-

"GHHH."

AGH! Why does my leg hurt more when I think of that? And why do I feel so...corrupt?"

Link's eyes turned purple and he had an evil smirk spread across his face.

Huh? What's this feeling? Whatever it is, I like it! I feel powerful...

"Having fun being a spazz on the floor, bud?"

Link snapped out of it as his eyes looked up above him to see who it was.

A/N: Just to let ya'll know...NO DARK LINK IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WERE ON ABOUT! Unless you guys like Dark Link, but I've received many hate stuff saying "don't make this Dark Link" and yadayadayada... But let me know in the comments, or message me or something! I want to make this enjoyable for all! Anyways, hope you enjoyed it, please comment and suggest things, and I'll see ya in the next part XD LOVE YOUUUU