eScAPe

"Okay, I'll tell you my secret. I've never told this to anyone." I whispered in his ear.

He shuddered under my action but I continued, "I-I…"

"Harley, you don't have to be afraid." Mr. Malik assured with a weak smile.

I gulped and inched my face closer to his ear. "I-I see dead people." I whispered.

I busted out laughing so hard that I was about to fall off my chair.

I closed my eyes and now gulped harshly waiting for the hard impact but it never came.

I opened my eyes to be met with the beautiful hazel ones. But, now those were filled with rage.

"Is this all a joke to you?" he spat.

"M-Mr.Malik I-" I stammered, slightly caught off guard by his sudden outburst.

"Well, guess what? It's not!" He sighed and continued, his tone much softer now.

"Please can we be serious for like one hour that's left of our session?" He asked with pleading tone.

"Okay." I whispered.

"Y-You can ask me what you want to know." I said not meeting his gaze.

Mr. Malik held my hand in his long yet soft one and said, "Look me in the eye first."

I looked up and met his gaze, still slightly mad about his recent outburst.

I mean, I was trying to lighten up this whole serious situation. After all, I'm known for being quite vexing.

"Okay…" he started thinking, for what I guess, what question to ask first.

Ah, just his presence is like heaven to me. He knows how to use his body and actions to make my mind go crazy imagining situations that I always wanted to be in… Have a normal family-

"Tell me about yourself." he said with a serious look on his face.

"Don't you know like everything about me? You read those stupid files-"

"That's my point, Harley. They are stupid. I want to know about yourself by yourself." his eyes were sparkling more, if that's even possible,with determination.

"Okay… Well, I'm Joker's 'sidekick'…" I made air quotations with my hands and rolled my eyes.

I saw a disapproving look on his face but I ignored it and continued, "And apparently I'm psycho and crazy and deranged-"

"Ugh, Harley you don't understand the whole point of this session. I have read and heard this all and…" I interrupted him, feeling somehow annoyed by his stupid question.

"So, what's the point investigating me Sherlock? You already know everything about me!" I wondered.

"I want to know about you from yourself, Harley. All the documents and paperwork is bullshit. J-just open up to me." He pleaded.

"What do you want to know?" I asked completely puzzled. No one has ever even thought to know about my past or how I entered in this situation.