Chapter 7 - The Subconscious is Calling

I woke up at 7, half an hour earlier than usual. I went to the hall where I didn't find anybody so I prepared myself a sandwich and went to see if Helene was awake like me. I walked to the guesthouse where she stayed with Tatjana. She just stepped out of the door. Her eyes were red but when she saw me, she smiled a bit. It was forced. Vojta's death shocked her as much as it did us. It was her worst nightmare, losing one of us because of a murder. She cried a lot after the competition yesterday.

"Hello!" I greeted her.

"Oh, hi František!" she replied "How are you?"

"What should I say? I was attacked by a masked guy yesterday. I scared the crap out him when I screamed."

"Thank God... You were really smart. Did you tell this to Kornélia?"

"Well, she rushed in my room. So, yes, she knows about this. How are you feeling today?"

"I feel bad... Vojta's death made me cry twice."

"I know how you feel... Kornélia has..." we started walking in the forest's direction.

"Yes, she has those abilities. She is the only medium I know."

"Well Helene, I have to tell you something."

"Did you murder Vojtĕch?"

"NO!" I exclaimed "Kornélia discovered that I have almost the same abilities."

"Fanda, it is quite good news, isn't it?"

"At first, I thought I am going insane."

We stopped at the stream where I saw something grey in the grass. Helene pushed grass away. It was a hat with the Czech flag on it. I remembered that Vojta didn't wear any hat when he disappeared and got murdered but in fact Damian did wear one which was grey too. My friend immediately called Kornélia to inform about what we had found. I checked the water when I saw the white handkerchief of Vojta. I knew that it belonged to him because it was a small bluebottle-like flower on it. It was his sign in nursery school when he was a small kid. The handkerchief meant a lot to him as his grandma made it especially for him and Vojta had it with him always. I asked Helene not to touch anything until Kornélia arrived.

"Pomoc! Proč mi to dĕláš!" I heard the voice and I knew now for sure that it was Vojta.

"František, did you feel the cold too for a moment?" Helene asked

"Vojta was here again, Helene."

"Hi guys! Sorry for being late..." Kornélia greeted us and she took a bite from the muesli-bar she ate.

"Fanda found things in the water of stream..."

"I see a handkerchief and a grey hat. Is this all?" she asked and took them out with the gloves on her hands and put each of them in a separate bag "Look František! What can you see on the hat?"

"Oh... my... God! It is the monogram of someone. D.L. means..."

"Means what?" she asked with a huge smile.

"D-D-Damian L-L-Lasotá?"

„Bingo! We hit Jackpot, my friend. Daminos can't say that he was not around Vojta when the Czech got murdered."

"DAMIAN???" Helene asked with the shock in her voice.

"Yes. I caught him on lying to us. This is why he acted strange... I am sure he was the one who attacked you last night"