Chapter 8 - The Final Countdown

About one hour later, after the concert, we went back to the hotel. I took a brisk shower and went to sleep. I closed the room too to avoid Damian coming into the room. I feared of him a lot. I fell asleep easily but my heart beated so fastly. Then I felt a cold spot on my bed next to me. I felt that someone was holding my hands to calm down. I knew that Vojta was in my room to protect me while I am sleeping. I woke up at 4 am and opened my door and walked out of the hotel room to pee. Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned back and Damian stood there with a kitchen knife in his hands.

"What are you doing at the middle of the night?" I asked him.

"What do you think? My instincts are calling me. You know what I have done to Vojta, right?"

"No! I don't know it..."

"You are lying Fanda. Tell me the truth."

"I am telling the truth."

"Liar! You are a liar Fanda!"

"No, I am not." I tried to persuade Damian "Put that stupid knife down. There is nothing good in a second murder."

"Yes, you are... You have to die like Vojta did." he said and started running towards me.

"Stop it! Damian, it is over." Vojta said and he made Daminos levitate and threw him against the wall hitting his head.

"What was that?" he asked but he didn't get any reply from us.

Damian rushed to my closed room and started pounding on it. I was so scared to open it. I found my phone and I called Kornélia who was upstairs. I woke her up at 4 am in the morning. She was so mad at me. Then I heard footsteps from upstairs. It was my resuce crew consisted of the Austrian Stefan Kraft, the German Andreas Wellinger and the Norwegian Johann André Forfang. They woke up too and asked Damian to stop the madness. I calmed down pretty slowly and walked up to Kornélia's room. She opened it and asked why I called her. I told her that I left my room to have a pee break in the bathroom. I had met Damian who wanted to kill me. I told everything and asked if ghosts can save their loved ones. She said it is rare but can happen. She knew that Vojta was there so she asked me to go back to my room and she will be there too soon but she needs to get dressed. I waited for her about 5 minutes.

"Is everything alright, František?" asked the girl.

"Y-yes. I tried to calm down after the incident. It is truly Damian who killed Vojta."

"Why the heck did you leave your room?"

"I had to pee."

"I have to put the pressure on him now!"

So, we left the room. Johann stood there who saw everything. I had a Norwegian on my side. I was happy that he was fast. If he had not been there for me, I wouldn't have been able to tell you this story. We went to the hall and sit down. Honza woke up and was shocked to see us. He woke the whole team up. Damian acted nicely for Kornélia who didn't believe him at all. Johann told her everything about the incident between me and Daminos. I started to shake when he sat opposite me. Then I felt Vojta's closeness. I knew that he would protect me. Then I saw two men dressed as policemen. Andreas Wellinger called them advised by the teammate Andreas Wank.

"Good morning Damian!"

"Hi. What do you want from me?" he asked in an arrogant way.

"The truth... What happened to Vojtĕch Štursa?"

"He was killed."

"Who did it?"

"It wasn't me. We were friends."