Chapter the Third

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!! I've changed chapter 2 (i deleted el's pov) so for those of you who read it before the update, just pretend like that never happened.

MIKE'S POV

    I have so many things I want to say but I know before I say anything I need to get her home and warmed up. I brush some of her now below-shoulder length hair out of her face and bend down (I'm now much taller than her) to look her in the eye.

    "Alright El, I'm gonna get you home but first we need to ride there. Do you remember how you used to ride on my bike?"

She gives a weak, barely noticeable nod and climbs on my bike with me, her arms wrapping around my waist. I try to bike slowly so I don't put her in any type of danger but I also just want to get her home.

    Finally we reach my house. I grab my bag that I had put in my basket and then help El off. She puts her arm around me and I help support her as we walk into the basement. When we get there, she looks around and smiles.

    "Remember?" I ask. She nods.

    I smile at her and sit her on my couch. I run to the laundry basket and get her some of my sweatpants and a shirt. Just like before. She takes them and walks to my bathroom, leaving a crack in my door. Just like before.

    When she comes out, I have so many questions but I can't bring myself to ask her any of them. I look at the clock and see that it's almost midnight.

    "Alright El, well I never took down your fort so you can sleep there tonight. Tomorrow at school I'll tell Lucas, Dustin, and Will about you. Since tomorrow is a Friday, they'll probably be able to come over after school. And since my mom now knows who you are, we can tell her about you and then maybe she'll get you a real bed."

    El simply takes this all in. I suddenly have the urge to jump and and hug her. So I do.

    The minute I hug her, she immediately wraps her arms around me also. "I missed you" I whisper in her ear.

    "I missed you too."