Chapter the Sixth

Third Person

Mike didn't know how it happened. One minute he was walking into this girl and the next he was sitting on the curb, telling her the entire story of tonight. Jane was a fantastic listener. She nodded along, never interrupting but always showing the correct emotion. Finally, as the story came to a close, Jane nodded one last time and gave Mike a command.

"Mike, go find your friends." Mike nodded and started to get up before stopping himself.

"What about you? I don't know you, I've just talked about myself for the last 15 minutes. Where do you live? Will I ever see you again?"

Jane smiled. "It's fine, don't worry. And I'm new here but I'll be attending Hawkins High next week. I'm a junior. I don't know how I got to this party, one second I was driving and the next some kid was yelling in window to come had a great time. I left within 5 minutes. Anyway, I'll see you Monday Mike. In the meantime, take care of your friends. They need you."

Mike nodded and waved goodbye, walking back into the house. No one had moved except Dustin who was now sitting in front of Mike's car. Mike walked back into the dreaded house to gather the guys and leave once and for all.

"Get up, we're going." He said as he walked into the bedroom. Will looked at him and gestured outside to the car. He nodded and went over to help Max up.

Lucas went over to help but Mike put a hand on his chest.

"You are not going anywhere near her for the forseeable future do you understand?"

"But..." Lucas tried to argue but Mike simply glared at him and he shut up.

As they all walked out to the car, Dustin saw them and took a seat in the back, his face emotionless. Will shoved Lucas into the front to keep him away from Dustin and then took Max into the back with him.

Mike dropped Lucas off first. As they reached his house, Mike simply unlocked the door and didn't say a word, waiting for Lucas to leave. The minute he left, they drove off, not making sure he got in okay.

When they reached Dustin's he protested at first.

"Let me take care of Max, come on guys." But Mike and Will refused, saying it's best if the 2 guys who love her platonically stay with her tonight. Dustin doesn't argue and they drive to Max's house.

Luckily no one's home so Mike uses his spare key and they take Max to her bedroom. As they begin to try and change Max out of her dress without looking at anything they shouldn't, feeling begins to rush back into them and they start to joke around.

They find an old shirt of Will's in Max's closet and some pants they believe are Dustin's and change her, laughing at the fact that everything she owns comes from the boys. They find some makeup wipes on her bathroom counter and start to remove all of the powder as Will brushes her hair.

Finally, when they get her in bed at last they try and take post in her chair but eventually give up and climb into her bed on either side.

Mike and Will are woken up by Max running into her bathroom to throw up. She emerges, hand to her head and looking like a mess.

"Ugh, what happened last night? I genuinely can't remember a thing." She asked and then started to laugh. Mike and Will give each other looks that say oh shit we forgot to plan this part out. Will eventually clears his throat and says,

"Um actually Max, can you sit down, we kind of need to talk to you about that."

"Yeah sure but make it quick, I don't think anyone has ever had a hangover as bad as this."

"Okay well um, look last night Luc got you super drunk and well tried to take advantage of you." Will said, looking like he did not enjoy any second of it. Understandably.

"What?" Max asked.

"Well..." And Will told the whole story. How Lucas and Dustin were in love with her, have been for the last 2 years. How they've been pining for her and fighting about her and she's never noticed. How Lucas used her last night. The whole shebang.

And Max looks more confused than she's ever been in her entire life.

"What?"

serious question why does wattpad still have that stupid holiday bow in the corner, its january, we've moved on. also, yall are awesome, i wanna be your friends so ask me questions!!!! i'll answer them!!!! talk to me!!!!! im lonely and very lame and incapable of making friends on my own because ive trained myself to just scream about trump at everyone i meet!!!! please!!!!