Chapter the Seventh

MIKE'S POV

I walked downstairs after talking with my mom, El following suit. I smile at her and she smiles at me. "Bed?" she asks. I nod. She smiles.

When we reach the bottom of the stairs, we see the boys have set up the DnD board.

"We thought as a sort of welcome back, we'll teach El how to play!" Dustin excitedly yells. So we all gather around the table and the boys begin to yell at El about all the characters, how to play, different campaigns, every possible overwhelming thing they can think of.

"So I play a half-elf sorcerer which is pretty neutral but if you want you could play a really evil character like a drow or maybe-"

"So this is the Monster Manual. This is like the bible. Wait, you don't what the bible is. Well the bible is like the Monster Manual. Anyway, the Monster Manual-"

"So these are the dice. Most die only have 6 sides but not these. So if you want to do an action you have to roll the die and then add what you rolled onto your characters already set skill points or-"

All of the boys are talking to El at once, even Will who just met her. El, having been back in the normal world for less than 24 hours, looks positively dumbfounded. I'm trying to stop the boys when we all hear the door swing open and someone hurrying down the stairs so fast, it sounds like they're just falling.

"SHE'S BACK? SHE'S FUCKING BACK AND YOU DIDN'T FUCKING TELL ME?" A wide smile spreads over my face.

"El, I'm sure you remember Nancy."

El begins to smile, actually, scratch that, she begins to beam. She runs up to Nancy and hugs her. I hadn't known they were particularly close considering Nancy and El only spent a few hours together but then I remember El has had so few females in her life, I guess she gets attached to other girls easily.

Nancy hugs her and then steps back.

"My brother went insane after you left. I don't think I could've handled it much longer, thanks for coming back." She brushes some hair out of El's eyes and smiles. "Your hair is longer." El smiles and nods. "I like it" Nancy says and El smiles bigger.

Nancy looks at me. "I came downstairs to get some water and mom was standing in the middle of the kitchen looking like she had seen the demogorgon." El cringes at this and Nancy, noticing, starts to pat her back and continues talking. "I asked her what happened and she muttered 'girl.' So I asked her to elaborate and she just said 'Girl. One that Mike likes. Living here now.' I knew that you have nor would ever like anyone else so I ran downstairs. But seriously, Mike? She's living with us now? I mean that's amazing but you couldn't have found her more than a day ago. I would've noticed. So how'd you manage to convince mom so quickly."

I shrug. "I don't know. I kind of took advantage of her confusion to be honest. But anyway, since she's here now, will you take her shopping this weekend? I'll go but I just don't know what to get." Nancy nods excitedly.

"Yes, I would love to. Oh my god I was so sad when you turned out to be a boy, I'll finally get a little sister!" She looks at El and ruffles her hair.

sorry I haven't updated in a while. I
live in America so I feel like that's a good enough excuse right now.