Chapter 1: Unlucky First Day

Chapter one

Unlucky First Day

Caitlin

Where is that damn classroom?! I thought as I walked down the halls of my new High School.

    You know, some people might dread the day they have to go back to school, but this year, I ain't one of them. Not that I'm a nerd or anything, but my summer this year wasn't the best summer a girl could have. And now, this is my first day of school and things are not looking up for me, as usual. I was looking for English class when I bumped into someone; she had dark hair and beautiful brown eyes...

     "I'm sorry," I said automatically while helping her up.

    “No I’m sorry," she said. "I'm a klutz!"

    I chuckled, if only she knew. "Nice to meet you klutz, I'm Caitlin Sanders," I said, holding out a hand. She shook it and replied, "I'm Alex."

    "Well, Alex," I said. "Can you make yourself useful and show me where English class is?" I pointed to my schedule as I showed it to her.

    Sure," she said, grabbing the schedule from me and inspecting it. “Hey, I have the same two periods as you, English and Chemistry!"

    I nodded my head in satisfaction. She seems fun to hang out with. We were talking on our way to English class when we heard a huge crash in the chemistry lab. Then, we heard the principle yelling, “Ms. Carteeeeeeeeeeer!!"

    She was dragging a girl holding a football and standing in there in shock. "What do you think you're doing?" the principle continued.

    "Umm..." said the girl with the ball. Then when she was just about to stutter something Alex interrupted saying, “Getting her ball back from the lab, obviously!" Alex gave the girl a look that said 'play along', so she did.

    "Exactly!" She said finally, grinning. The principle didn't seem to believe it, but had to. "Fine." She said angrily. "For now. But I have my eyes on you Ms. Carter." Just as she was about to leave, she looked at me, saying, "You too, Ms. Sanders." She continued glaring at me as she walked away. I honestly don't know why she would say that to me. It's not like I'm one to cause trouble, but I think Mom told her the opposite. Mom doesn't believe that trouble follows me; she always assumed I was the one who brought it to myself - which isn't true.

    When the principle was finally out of sight the girl introduced herself to us. "Thanks," she said, probably relieved. "I'm Jane, you?"

    "I'm Alex" said Alex, smiling.  

    Then I said, "And I'm Caitlin."

    "So, where were you guys headed to?" Jane asked, playing with the ball in her hand.

     "To English class," Alex and I said in unison.

    "Cool," Jane said, looking excited. “I have English too!"

    We all headed together to English class. When we arrived, the teacher was still not there so I took the chance and was checking out the class. Alex and Jane where talking about something I didn't catch, because while I was looking around I saw… saw... him. My mouth dropped open and when I was about to stumble stupidly the teacher came in. I grabbed a seat at the front - trying to avoid him -, but I didn't know why Jane and Alex rushed to the back of the class.

    "Good morning class," said the teacher, spitting on my face… Okay, ew. "I'm Mr. Truscott, your English teacher." As he said every word, he let out more spit and, unfortunately, it all landed on my face.