Chapter 5: The Tide of Cuties

Chapter five

The Tide of Cuties

Caitlin

After I got out of the bathroom, fixing my hair and washing it from all that paint, I got out to meet the others. I still looked terrible; all thanks to Dylan, but at least I'm not going to see his face for the rest of the day again, right?

I hoped I was right as I marched toward the school gate and there stood Alex; gazing into nowhere.

    "Hey," I said once I reached her.

    "Hey Caitlin," she said looking a little upset. "So how was Art Club, I bet it was-" I cut her off at this point. "Horrible!"

    "Yeah," she continued. "Horri-wait, what?" she realized what I just said. Of course it was ruined by Mr. Jerk face that's in every place I turn.

    "Dylan." I scowled. At that, Alex had a look of understanding on her face. "Anyways," I said trying to change the subject. "How about you? How were the auditions?"

    "Well," Alex started. "I think I nailed the part of Anya, and I have a new–"

    "Friend?" I guessed.

    "Nope," she said, looking disgusted. “A stalker."

    "Ooooh," I said, teasing her. "Someone's got a fan, someone's got a fan!"

    "Shut up!" she smiled, though she meant it. Suddenly, we saw Amanda, Tiffany and Jane coming towards us. Amanda was texting someone on her BlackBerry as Jane and Tiffany were fighting...again.

    "I told you," Tiffany said, looking really pissed off. "I don't care if this Messi guy is a good player, Christiano Ronaldo is so waaaaay cuter!"

    "Cute?" Jane groaned, looking frustrated. "Messi is cute too, plus he is a great player!'

    "Ugh!" Tiffany sighed impatiently.

    "Guys," Amanda managed. “Would you change the subject, you've been talking about this ever since we left the football field!”

    "Gladly changing the subject," Tiffany glared at Jane.

    "Thank you!" Amanda said, looking relieved. "Hey, you guys heard of this great restaurant called 'The Grill'?"

    "Oh, yeah,” I said sheepishly, trying to push the memory of Freddie out of my head.

    "Yep!" Alex said excitedly. "It's awesome! Been going there my whole life."

    "So," Tiffany suggested. "Why don't we go to the beach, take a swim and then grab a bite at that restaurant?"

    "Sound good to me," Alex said shortly, shrugging.

    "Me too, how about you Caitlin?" Amanda asked.

    "I don't know," I said, hesitating. "I mean, look at me, I'm a mess! I still have to go home, take a bath, dress up again and then–"

    "What happened to you?" Tiffany cut me off once she noticed my hair and clothes. "I mean, why are you flushed with multi-colors?"

    "Let me guess," Alex interrupted, muttering so low so only I could hear her. "Dylan?"

    "Ding, ding, ding," I said sarcastically. "And we have a winner!"

    "Come on!" Tiffany pleaded. "It’ll be fun!"

    "Fine," I agreed, sighing. I guess I shouldn't let Jerk face prevent me from having some fun, right?