bittersweet tragedy ♡ jimin

; february

" are you breaking up with me? ", he looked at me in disbelief.

" yes. that's why I packed everything already. ", I pointed at my full packed bags next to the door.

Tears were slowly starting to run down my cheeks as I didn't dare to look at the man in front of me. I was so sure about what I was doing, why was I feeling so guilty?
Jimin ruffled his hair as he sighed. Desperately he looked at me as he stepped closer.

" babe... five years! We've been together for five years, how can you just give up like that? I thought we would start a family soon and now... You're just running away? , he shook his head as he tried to get eye contact.

Insecurity overcame me as he grabbed my shoulders and tried to convince me to stay. But there was no way I would. His words soon didn't reach my ears anymore. His tears soon didn't affect me anymore. I was as cold as a stone, reflecting everything. Even though it hurt, I had to let him go. Our love had melted away, there was nothing to hold on anymore.

five years ago ; june

" babe... it's just five hours! Don't be so dramatic, melanie. ", my sister spun around in front of her mirror, checking her prom dress out.

" just five hours? That's five pretty little liars episodes! It's a lot! ", I sighed as I leaned back, still sitting in my Pyjama.

Looking at the clock showed me that there was only one hour left. The panic inside me rose, however it didn't reach my muscles to move. As I saw myself in the mirror I groaned, knowing there was too much work to do which I couldn't complete in those 60 minutes.

" you know that there's a free buffet, right? ", my sister turned around in her flawless make up and curled hair.

" i thought you'd knew that this was the only reason I'm coming, since you're my sister and all. "

We were sisters. We had the same mother and the same father. But still, we were worlds apart. Sometimes this caused a sense of rivalry, but sometimes it also fixed a lot of problems. For example, we never had a boy problem. Until that evening, at least.

As we had arrived, an half hour later thanks to me, people were already laughing and eating. Quickly I made my way to the buffet as my sister left to socialise with her friends. In that tight dress she wasn't able to eat anything anyway.

" wow, you eat a lot. ", a manly voice suddenly appeared behind me.

Turning around, I was faced with one of the most handsome faces I had ever seen. My eyes kept staring at his beautiful, perfectly created face. His dark brown eyes which stared into my soul, his perfectly shaped nose, his plump lips which I wondered how they'd feel on mine and his sharp jawline. As I admired him, I didn't notice that he was actually trying to start a conversation and socialise with me.

" yeah...", I felt my cheeks redden as he didn't break the gaze.

" well, can I steal you from the buffet for just a little bit and dance with you? ", he reached out his hand, gentleman like.