teddy bear ♡ jin

The sky was dark already and the stars were shining when I finally was allowed to go home. The street was wet from the previous rain and the cold wind was making it unbearable to stay outside. I quickly rushed to the car and turned the heater on before heading home.

No one was outside and even the street where me and my boyfriend Jin were living, was filled with darkness. Looking at the clock, I saw that it was midnight already. The windows were dark everywhere and I was surprised why there was no light in our apartment.

Optimistically I got off the car and walked towards the house. Deep inside I was hoping that he was sleeping and not playing those games anymore. The truth was that I could feel myself becoming sick because of worrying about him.
Even though it was also very difficult for me, growing up for him seemed even harder. Jin was older than me, however he had his mind crazily set on never to become an adult. At least it seemed like that.

÷

It all had started almost a year ago when I was finished with university. Jin, the boy who was trying the final exam for the third time, was sitting next to me when we were waiting to get called in to get our results.
From the corner of my eye, I clearly noticed that something was wrong with him. He was more nervous than anyone else.
Seeing that we still had to wait for at least 15 minutes, I decided to give it a shot and try to calm him down.

"Are you okay?", I tilted my head so that I could look at his face.

"D-do I not lo-look like I'm okay?", he shook his head and turned his head around so he wouldn't face me.

Feeling sympathy out of sudden, I put my hand on his shoulder. His reaction was not the one that I had expected. Immediately he shrugged my hand off, not looking at me while doing that either.
My friend next to me gave me a waning glare to just let him be. But somehow I felt as if I was forced to help him.

"Take this.", I opened his hand to give him the candy.

"What is this?", he finally looked up at me and I noticed his red eyes.

"It'll help you calm down.", I tried to smile at him friendly.

Jin carefully observed the object I had put into his hand and even sniffled on it. His eyes widened and he started to look around before hiding the candy in his jacket.

"What kind of drug is it?", he whispered.

"Drug?"

He nodded as he looked around, careful that no one would hear us.

"I don't do drugs. And what I gave you is not illegal, yet. So you don't have to worry, just eat it. One of the professors gave it to me and said this was good for calming down. I think you need it more than I do. Or anyone else.", I mumbled the last part and it seemed that he hadn't heard it.

"Okay, I'll just trust you.", he shrugged and put the candy into his mouth.

And that was how we had gotten to know each other. The both of us had succeeded in the exam and graduated in the same year. A month later, on the day of our graduation, we had our first kiss. It was a beautiful summer night and we were walking towards a party when he suddenly stopped me.

"Melanie, I have to tell you something.", Jin suddenly sounded very serious.

"Okay.", I nodded happily.