Chapter 8

The disappointment in his eyes crushed me, he looked so sad that I had lied to him. His reaction was ten times worse than it was when he was angry,it left me feeling like a traitor. Id much prefer him to be angry at me than disappointed. I could fix angry, but disappointed?

I slumped back against the wall and wished that the tears in my eyes would somehow seep back into my skull.

How could I do this to him? He let me in his house, cared for me, let me sleep next to him so he could keep a check on me. And how do I repay him? By snooping around private rooms and straight out lying to him.

I felt hollow inside, like I had committed a terrible crime and the guilt was slowly Eating me up.

He slowly raised his head and looked me in the eyes which had now returned to their sparkling blue. He gave me a sad look and turned to walk away shaking his head. His strong demeanour had disappeared and his shoulders were now slumped and his head hanging.

I found myself grabbing his arm and turning him round. It was more an act of desperation than of action. In truth I had no idea what I was going to say to him but I couldn't just let him walk off like that.

"Alpha, I-I. Well, I saw the door and something drew me to it, so I went in and it was so beautiful that I couldn't bring myself to leave." I said quietly.

"Blake"

I looked up with quizzical eyes, "Huh?" I replied with curiosity.

"My name- it's Blake. But Amalyn, I really need you to tell me what you saw in that room" He said, looking me in the eye again.

"I saw us, in wolf form in the chandelier. How do you know what my wolf looks like Blake?"

"Well- I, Amalyn there's something I need to tell you." He said while looking at me with a sad glint in his eyes.

"What? Blake, whatever it is you can tell me." I slowly replied, curiosity seeping into my voice. What ever it was it was big. There was virtually nothing that could make an alpha so worried about such a low ranking member of the pack.

"I-we, well. Amalyn, we're mates" He said cautiously as if I was an animal that was about to bolt.

But that's exactly how I felt, like I was on the verge of running and never stopping.

I gasped as I felt our wolves connect forming a bond that could never be destroyed. At that moment I felt a HUGE urge to push him against the wall and let my wolf take over, but I couldn't do that. I didn't even know his name till a minuet ago.

I always knew there was something about him- the way our skin tingled when we touched, the way I was instantly drawn to him. I guess i just never put two and two together.

"But this can't happen" I squeaked out "How could this have happened!?" Why would the moon goddess do this to me? An alpha of all wolves! They're possessive, overbearing and not to mention the anger problems this one had, and to top it all off I wasn't even 16 yet!

At that moment the panic set in and I started to stress out, what was I going to do?! Do I tell my parents? Do I become his Luna? Hell, do I even accept him!?

"Amalyn, you need to calm down" He said looking worried. At this point I was full on hyperventilating and my head was spinning, all I could think about was the bond. How was I going to do this! I'm not ready to be a Luna! My hands started shaking and my vision went blurry and it wasn't helping that my wolf was already whining that she wanted me to accept him.

I couldn't do this. I can't cope. I won't let it happen.

I have to reject him.

------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was EXTREMELY hard to write and I'm still not sure about it- any votes or comments would b fabulous or any suggestions for improvement?

Till next time,
Lolimamarshmellow xx