Plan of Action

"Calm down? Really calm down?"

Echo gave one last glance at Alec before joining in on Jace and Clary's conversation.

"What's a G.I Joe?"

Clary gave a sigh, "A soldier. Who doesn't understand human emotions."

Echo swallowed. She didn't like how Clary was talking to Jace. Echo pulled up behind Jace.

"I didn't know my mother."

Clary's face fell as she listened to Jace's advice about the Shadow World. Jace then noticed Echo, "You understand what I'm saying, don't you?"

Echo held up her hands in defense, "I'm not apart of this, but I do."

Clary groaned and rested her back against the wall, "So we know that Valentine is back and wants the cup, and for some reason he thinks my mother has it."

Echo pushed past Jace, "Wait Valentine is back?"

Jace crossed his arms and gave a grim nod then looked from Clary to Echo, "Could she? Have the cup?"

Clary just shrugged her shoulders and looked up at Echo for help.

"Hey, don't look at me. The last I heard of the cup was when I was eight. I don't know where it is."

Jace got frustrated, "You both know about runes, you know something. Just think."

Clary shook her head, "I've tried. It's just this empty blackness."

Jace's features changed into reorganization, "Your memory's been whipped."

Echo's shoulders relaxed as she remembered why Jocelyn had taken Clary to Magnus Bane.

Clary shook her head, "That's not possible."

Echo took a step forward, "Remember, or maybe you don't, but mom would take you to that man with the weird eyes. A Warlock."

"A Warlock?"

Jace got tense, "Yes a Warlock. Half demon half human; sometimes their fingers spark."

Both Clary and Echo knew of one person that had that ability, "Dot."

Clary nodded, "Yeah, her fingers had a purple glow."

Echo looked up at Jace, "She sent us through a Portal."

"Wait, if we find Dot, we can find the cup and get my mom back?"

Echo shrugged, "Unless she's working with Valentine."

Clary gave of a sly smirk, "Then she will lead us right to him." She then pushed past Jace and Echo wondering where Simon was.

Jace and Echo went to follow her, but Echo was stopped by Alec who took her arm in his grasp, "Come with me."

Echo was pulled away from Jace and into a room with weapons littering the walls in organized lines.

Alec let her go, "Look, I don't know why, but I have a strange feeling like I should be protecting you."

Echo pulled her arm out of his grasp, "Protecting me? From what?"

Alec folded his arms, "Valentine and the Circle."

Echo leaned onto her hip, "I'm a Shadowhunter, I can protect myself."

Alec shifted on his feet, "Have you ever been trained? Ever used a Shadow weapon?"

Echo suddenly felt embarrassed, "No, but I've seen my mom fight."