Hodge

Echo awkwardly stood with two new ruins on her skin, still in her wedding hair and make up and lavish gown. Magnus' visit to the wedding wasn't just for Alec. Magnus had unglamoured a table full of trinkets as Echo, Alec, Clary and Jace entered the training room.

"I pulled every item of magical importance from Ragnor's belongings, but I can't determine which will lead to the Book of the White."

Echo was completely lost, she looked down at the belongings and voiced her confusion, "Who is Ragnor and what is the Book of the White?"

Clary shook her head, "Oh, right. Ragnor was the warlock who made the potion that made mom the way she is. The Book of the White has the antidote inside of it."

"Oh." Echo blinked, but didn't ask any more questions. The now bride, reached down and picked up various trinkets, but when she grazed her fingers over a woven bookmark, she flinched away in pain.

"God, why the hell is everything shocking me?"

Echo held her hand and Clary picked up the bookmark, "I've seen this before. In the alternate dimension, you showed me a book of spells, and it was in it. I must have been the Book of the White." Clary looked up at Magnus.

"If that's the case, we can use the bookmark to track the owner of the book."

Jace shrugged, "Okay." He reached for the bookmark, but Magnus tore it from Clary's hand, "Warlock tracking is stronger."

Magnus closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he tracked the owner. As Magnus was in his trance, Echo could feel a strange sensation happening in her mind. She pulled a hand up to her temple and tried to rub the pain away.

Magnus opened his eyes with a sigh, "Well, there's good news and bad news. The good news is I know the owner. The bad? It's Camille."

Echo spoke at the same time Clary did, "Who?" Echo asked as Clary said Camille's name.

"Looks like Raphael has her locked in the basement of the hotel DuMort."

Clary sighed, "Well after I punched her, there's no way she'll help me."

Echo's eyes went wide but she didn't say a word.

"She won't have a choice. Trust me." Jace and Clary locked eyes and Echo shivered at the emotion emitting from both of her siblings. Echo took a step away from Clary and gravitated closer to Alec.

After giving Clary one last glance, Jace left the training room. When Jace's body fully left the training room, Echo relaxed slightly. She rolled her stiff neck, but she couldn't fully relax as she felt a flutter of fear. Echo tilted her head and tried to figure out where the emotion was coming from.

"Hey, Ec."

Echo looked over at Clary, "What?"

Clary looked embarrassed, "Can I show Jace the box?"

Echo let out a breath and nodded, "Yeah, go a head. He's already seen the picture anyway."

Clary gave a small smile and walked out of the training room and Echo suddenly felt awkward. Magnus was giving off emotions that made Echo uncomfortable.

"I, uh," Echo cleared her throat, "I'm going to go check on my mom."

Alec gave a single nod and Echo exited the training room and slowly walked into the infirmary, where Jocelyn was floating. Luke was sitting in the chair beside her and looked up when he heard Echo.

Echo gave a smile; the last time she had saw Luke, he was dying in her arms.

"Hi, Luke."

Luke stood up and Echo ran into his waiting arms. Luke's strong arms wrapped around her and she suddenly felt the urge to cry.