6

Sorry in advance.
{Third person POV}
-

The class bell rang, students that were still in the locker room panicked a little, especially Atsushi Nakajima. He had getting dressed slowly down to an art at this point. The few people left in the locker room made their way to the gymnasium.

"Speed up, Atsushi-kun!" Another voice called from only feet away. Atsushi turned his head to see Dazai, tangled in his shirt.

He's 17 and can barely get a shirt over his head.

"I could say the same to you, Dazai-san. You look like you'll dislocate your shoulder like that." The younger boy sighed, adjusting the bottom of his shirt and shutting his locker.

When he looked back at the brunette, to his surprise, he was completely dressed and no longer fighting for his life in an entanglement of blue fabric.

How has he managed to live this long?

With great difficulty.

Stop.

{Akutagawa's POV}

The class stood scattered around the gym, some chasing each other, some sitting on the ground. From what I could see, they were all doing something idiotic.

But that didn't really matter since it was always like this.

What mattered more was the sinking feeling in my stomach and the blur in my peripheral vision. The almost-numbness in my knees and the heaviness of my eyelids.

I swore I could pass out at any second, I didn't even have breakfast this morning, but I could push through.

I have my ways.

My ways of laziness and pretending I'm sick to get out of gym.

But for now I'll just do whatever the hell it is that the class is doing.

Ah, dodge ball. The game of suffering amd making people suffer. Mostly the latter. And mostly towards Nakajima. Yes, despite being forced to have no classes with him because of my tormenting, he is still in my P.E. class.

'Cause y'know.. getting injured is normal here.

Remember when you broke his finger in 8th grade.

Yeah- good times.

Not good times you fucking bastard I'm trying to make you feel bad.

ShHhhHHHH!!

-

Time to show that vanilla-haired asshole who's boss.

I chucked the blue ball at full force, enough to cramp up my arm. It flew fast enough it seemed like it could break through concrete, ultimately taking a hard hit to Nakajima Atsushi's nose.

He yelped for a short moment and fell back, dropping the ball previously in his hand and cupping his nose with his hands. People stopped playing, or at least most of them did, some to stare in awe and some to see if he was okay.

"Are you alright?" A pink haired girl spoke, trying to help him up. Dazai and the girl, Lucy I think it was, walked him up to the nurse while blood dripped from his chin.

Good luck to the janitor.

The gym teacher went out in the hall, probably to follow the three and make sure he was okay. Why would he do that? He should know from what he saw that he'll be gone for a while.

People stood silently, a few were staring at me.

Twain and Steinbeck were chuckling at me.

"Freshmen are fucking idiots." I heard someone whisper.