Chapter 3

When I opened the door I came face to face with Tucker. "Tucker what the heck are you doing at my house?"

"Your father invited my family over for dinner."

I opened the door the rest of the way and let them in. Tucker's parents and little sister walked in but Tucker stayed behind.

"Myers can I finally ask you that question now?"

"Go for it."

"Will you please go out with me? I know you don't date anyone but I really think we would be good together. Just go on one date with me and if you hate it we can just be friends."

I was so taken by surprise that it took me a minute to answer "Jesse-"

"Heather go change and hurry back down. Dinner is almost ready." My mother called from the kitchen.

"Okay. I'll be right back."

I made my way back up to my room and changed into a grey shirt with a flannel and jeans.

I arrived back down stairs to see everyone seated

I arrived back down stairs to see everyone seated. The only seat left was right next to Tucker. I took my seat and dinner began. Soon after my dad began conversation.

"Jesse I have noticed you haven't committed to any school yet and was wondering if you would be willing to play for me at UPenn. We have a really good chance to win it all in the coming years. We have a great freshman class coming in and a good core group staying. I think you would make us even better" Even if I wanted to date Tucker now I couldn't. Not if he is on my dad's team.

"I'm not sure if I could get into a school like Penn." Tucker responds

"Jesse have some faith in yourself you are really smart and have really good grades." Mrs.Tucker

"Jesse I have seen your grades and I know I could get you in." My dad adds

"Tucker I think you would really like the team. They're a great group of guys. They're like a whole bunch of big brothers to me." As soon as I said this I saw Tucker's smile flatten.

"I would love to come and join the team for a practice before I make any decision. If that is okay with you?" Tucker asked

"Of course it is. I know it is a really big decision to make."

We all went back to eating. All I could think about now was what I was going to do about Tucker asking me out. I just don't know what to do about it. My head is spinning. I was so zoned out that I didn't hear my dad say my name.

"What did you just say dad sorry I wasn't paying attention."

"Jesse hear was just telling me that you were playing wall ball after school today." I sent a glare Tucker's way. "You know you can't be putting strain on your leg or you will be out of lacrosse for way longer than you want to be."