day 5 pt 1

ahhhhhhh screeching!!!! I'm so so so so sorry for not uploading when I said I would!!!! I fell asleep and then get crowded with school work and I have to text my novio all the time now because time zones and it's a mess blaahhh. but it's finally the weekend, so I'm writing now.

lowercase intended
tw: none
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
why had I ever agreed to do this? maybe it was easier telling lev who I really was. no, it was too late now. I was already on my way to kenma's house. I started becoming way more nervous, and it was evident on my face and the way I sweating from every part of my body. no, I think nervous wasn't the right word. I was terrified. what if he found out I was actually mai-san?? what would he do then?? would he act normal about it? would he freak out and never talk to me again? scratch that, it's lev. he'll freak out anyone. I was just worried on whether or not it's going to be a good or bad freak out.

since I was so lost in thought I hadn't realized that I was standing in front of kenma's house already. I opened the gate and walked up to the porch. as I was about to knock on the door it swung open, revealing kuroo, his hair pulled into two pigtails and he wore makeup.

"hey yaku, come on in." he grinned viscously at me, moving out of the way so I could enter. he directed me towards kenma's bedroom. as I walked in, i noticed everything was everywhere. it looked like someone just rummaged through a lolita's closet and never picked up anything. not to mention the variety of makeup spread across the floor. I looked down at kenma, who was sitting on the floor, worry evident on my face.

"hello yaku. I hope you don't mind, but I've already figured out what I want to do for your makeup. I started practicing on kuroo, although he has sharper features and a much more masculine face. unless you have something else in mind, I think it would be best to get started." he spoke with utmost confidence and acted like this wasn't a big deal at all, which it most certainly was.

I decided that would be best, so I sat down on the hardwood floor. I allowed kenma to take control of my face, doing as he pleased with it. that including moisturizing it, plucking any unwanted hairs, and priming it, whatever that meant. all I knew was that whatever he did to my face, it hurt. it hurt a lot. in the background I could hear kuroo ranting about the new episode of yuri!!! on ice, but I was a little preoccupied trying to not let the tears forming in my eyes fall down my face. everything hurt painfully bad. I now have so much respect for girls who do makeup everyday.

"I was thinking of going with something cute, yet still mature. basic, but memorable. does that sounds like the type of person 'mai' is?"

"I mean, sure. she's literally just the female me, so whatever you think female yaku would look like." I looked at kenma. he chuckled a bit, obviously getting a kick out of this. I think they both were. devilishーthey were probably just making me dress up for their own sick purposes. no, not really kenma. kuroo definitely, but most likely not innocent, apathetic kenma. who knows though.

kenma started off with something called, I think, concealer? it was supposed to cover up any bags and highlight certain areas. all I knew was that it was sticky and gross. and then he put on the foundation...that was the worst yet. it was oily and gross and I wanted to wipe it all off. unfortunately, I had to endure it for lev's sake. he started baking after that, whatever the hell that meant, and then he put on a translucent powder. of course, I had no idea what any of these words meant and I'm only saying what he is.

and all of a sudden he told me to close my eyes. this is when I really started to freak out. the part I dreaded the most: the eye makeup. now, I've never had eye makeup on before, but I knew already that I absolutely hated it. I mean you're jabbing at your own eye!! talk about painful.

"now, I want to do something very simple for the eyes. I was thinking of doing your basic browns and blending them, but adding a bit of glitter to the inner corner. not a lot, but enough that it's noticeable. I also wanted to do a very small, cute wing for the eyeliner. does that sound good?" he looked at me, awaiting an answer.

"oh, um, yeah. yeah, that sounds fine. whatever." and then it started. the eye shadow was actually very soft and kind of relaxing. he was light and delicate with his touches, almost as if he went to hard he would break me. it was really nice actually. then he pulled out the eyeliner. he told me to stay completely still. I did as I was told in fear of what it was going to be like. it was about to touch my eYE ANDー

...

oh. it wasn't actually all that bad.

it just felt like someone was painting a line on me. I decided it would be best to stop worrying so much and just enjoy it. kenma told me to keep my eyes closed and he finished up the rest of my makeup. he filled in the brows, put on a matte, light pink lipstick, and did the contour and highlighting. I went to the bathroom to look at myself in the mirror.

everything froze. I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing for a second. it looked exactly like how I picture mai-san to look. it was perfect.

"yaku! come in here. we need to pick out a wig and an outfit for you." yelled kuroo from in the other room. I trotted back into kenma's bedroom. they had spread out choices of which outfit and which wig. they were all very cute, but nothing screamed "MAI". then, as if some great god from above was listening to me, I saw it. it was the perfect dress, exactly what mai would wear. it was cute, yet elegant and mature. not too over the top. it was black with small, white polka dots on it. the top of it was a turtle neck, and it was long sleeved. the bottom frilled out to about knee length, and had a lace embroidery on the very bottom.

I picked out a wig, it was dark brown and stopped at my shoulders. it had cute bangs to cover my forehead as well. I put on the dress, accompanied with black thigh high socks with little white bows on the back, white platformed shoes, and a big winter jacket. the look was complete, and damn was it cute. I looked exactly how mai-san would. I kind of felt self-conscious about how I actually looked like a girl, but this was for lev so I had to power through it.

now the biggest challenge: meeting lev.

~~~~~~~~~
I didn't mean to make this so long, but I couldn't stop writing!!!! I really, really love this story a lot, and I'm so glad that you guys like it too (о'∀'о) I'll try to update pt 2 as soon as possible, but I can't make any promises. I tend to not hold onto those when it comes to writing.