2: Best Friends

Thank you to DaytonaHolmes for the the cover/s I really appreciate it :) so thank youuuuuuuuu.

Hi, I am re-editing these chapters. All the ones that have cringey messages or aren't written as well, have not been edited yet. However, I will be keeping thank you messages like the one above, will be kept.

Edited on: 13th August 2019

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Not even bothering to open my eyes, I chucked my arm out in the direction of my bedside table. My hand scrambled to find the source of the incessant noise, passing over the lamp, a book, my jewelry and finally my phone. Except in my haste to turn it off, my hand knocked it wrong, meaning the phone landed on the floor with a thump.

Beep.

"Oh, for fu-"

Beep.

"- sake" I muttered.

Finally opening my eyes, I glared at the iPhone that was still blasting on the carpet.

"Stupid damn phone. Stupid damn alarm. Stupid damn school."

Beep.

I glanced at my two options, stop or snooze. If I snoozed the alarm, I could get nine minutes of extra sleep and if I stopped it, I could be on time for school. Rolling my eyes, I slammed my thumb on the screen and chucking it on the bed. Watching it bounce twice before settling, I sighed in relief at the presence of silence once again.

"If I didn't care about my grades." Sighing, I dragged myself into the bathroom.

***

Walking into school, I realized I was about seven minutes early and let me just tell you, this didn't happen often, if ever. It's not that I didn't try to be on time, it just never worked out that way, I was just a naturally late person. To be honest, I couldn't remember a time I wasn't rushing to class to beat the bell, and I certainly was never earlier than Holly.

So, there I was early to school, for me, and slightly confused as to what to do. Making up my mind, I decided that for once, I would go to my locker and get my stuff, and enjoy being able to do it without rushing.

Then came my next issue. My books were stacked on one side of my locker, leaving the other side for anything else, an occasionally bad idea, like now for example. My Spanish book sat towards the top and with my short frame, it taunted me as I tried to get it without the rest falling on top of me. Suddenly, I realized it had gotten darker and then noticed a hand effortlessly grab my book and pass it to me.

Hunter. Don't get me wrong, I did appreciate his help and more importantly, I did ask him to play the game with me, meaning we would actually have to interact. However, I didn't think he would actually do it. He has his reputation to uphold, whilst I just don't care and never have about mine. Not that he could ever do anything to jeopardize that status, as not matter what he did the entire school loved him.

Me and Holly, hated him. Yeah, okay, maybe a bit extreme, but we certainly did not like him. He was such an arsehole, and I was still wondering how the hell Holly actually got me to play this game. I didn't like him so how on earth was I supposed to act like I practically love him? Time to use my acting skills from drama class, I guess.

"Hey Angel Pie." Hunter smirked, knowing full well I despised pet names and any kind of public displays, despite the former being one of the rules if you would.

Can you blame me? My sincere apologies if I'm not a fan of people making out in front of everyone, or sitting on someones knee, or the 'I love you more' arguments. Get a room, get a chair, get a grip.