3: Cookies

"So you walk into my house, change the TV channel, take up the whole sofa and then, then you expect me to give you some pizza?" I wasn't very good at coming to terms with what Hunter had just said. Yes, he may be the most popular guy in our school but my food is my food and I will never ever share. I dare anybody to try and take it, because I can't promise you won't get bitten.

When he nodded enthusiastically, I rolled my eye, something I seemed to do a lot more of whilst he was around. Shocking. Grabbing the remote, I changed the channel from Top Gear to How I Met Your Mother and smiled at the episode, before bringing my legs on top of his and pulling the blanket over me instead of him with the pizza sitting on my lap.

"You know, if you wanted to sit on me, you could have just asked." He smirked as I brought my heel down on one of his shins and  grinned, bringing my attention back to the television. They were talking about Marshal's doppelgänger, Moustache Marshall, which in my opinion was one of the best episodes.

"I miss this show." Glancing at him, I raised my brows. "What?"

"I don't know, I just didn't expect you to have such good taste." I grinned.

"Ouch." He replied, "How could I not, anyways. It's Créme de la Créme."

Smiling, I nodded and turned my attention back to the screen. Maybe Hunter wasn't as bad as I thought. Turning my head to look at him, I received a burp in my face.

Or maybe he was.

"Gross." I muttered. "And my mum called you a lovely boy."

"Oh she did, did she?" He grinned at me. "Well she clearly knows what she is talking about. After all I gave her the ultimate Hunter charm."

I guffawed, "and what charm might that be?"

"Oh Avery. Poor, poor Avery. Imagine. Never being lucky enough to witness my amazing, hypnotising charm. I've had girls throw themselves at me just being in the vicinity of my charm." He gave me a sympathetic look.

I glanced at him before looking him up and down, "doesn't look like I'm missing out on much if I'm honest."

"You're just jealous."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"You'll see. When you fall in love with me, you won't be able to ignore the charm. You'll be throwing your pant-"

"Stop." I grimaced.

"Because you know it's true." He grinned.

"No." I stated simply. "Because I'm enjoying this pizza and I don't feel like throwing it back up."

"You'll see." He said confidently.

***

I kicked a rock as I dawdled to school. I usually drove but since it was sunny and beautiful, I decided to walk and it was definitely not because my mum took my car off me for not locking the door when I was home alone. Fiddling with the zip on my bag from boredom,  I reprimanded myself for not bringing my iPod to help the journey.

After the full thirty minute walk I was finally at school, next to my locker and getting books out. Thankfully I hadn't grabbed any when a small, but actually a quite heavy, Holly ran up to me and jumped on me when I wasn't looking. Shuffling my feet a bit, I steadied myself with the girl on my back before setting her on the floor. Sat on her face was a wide grin, which on a Tuesday morning is quite frightening.

"Spill it!" I demanded at the short brunette who now stood next to me, starting to open her own locker. She bit her lip, barely able to contain the excitement that was threatening to spill over.