Chapter 2

She was completely ignored by everyone

She was completely ignored by everyone. She frowned slightly, feeling hurt that they automatically wouldn't talk to her because she was in a different house. She felt almost offended, even, because Hailey knew she was a decent person but they didn't even give her a chance to prove that fact.

After a few minutes of pointless, one sided conversations, Hailey sighed and returned back to the Slytherin table where she was then ignored for even attempting to speak to the Gryffindors. She sighed and buried her head in her hands before another terrible shot of pain ran through her upper body. She squeezed her eyes shut and gasped, but tried her best not to make a scene. She had just been allowed to leave the hospital wing. She wasn't going back this soon.

Her eyes watered as the pain didn't fade even one bit. She could feel everyone's stares on her but couldn't look up to see them from the pain. Hailey faintly heard the sound of footsteps rushing towards her and hurried, frantic voices before she started to get extremely dizzy.

That was the moment she passed out in front of everyone.

*~*~*

Hailey woke up in a stiff bed that she vaguely remembered. She groaned and flopped around on the bed angrily when she realize she was in the hospital wing. They probably wouldn't let her go for another week or two simply because she had pain once.

But with this type of thing, it's not exactly something they could risk. She was seriously injured, a bullet lodged in her heart, and yet she survived. With the pains, however, she couldn't help but wonder if it was worth it. If it was worth living.

Her mind momentarily flickered to an image of Remus before Hailey shook her head. Remus wasn't her only reason for living, she knew. And it wasn't like he was going to talk to her ever again since she got in Slytherin.

A day or two later, she realized how wrong she was.

*~*~*

Hailey had been laying in her lumpy hospital bed at night when she heard the door open. She didn't bother to look up; she knew it wasn't for her.

"Hails?" She heard a quiet voice whisper.

Her ears perked as she jerked up almost immediately.

"Remus?" She asked curiously.

"No, it's Barney," she heard him say sarcastically.

Hailey stifled her laugh as Remus came into view, a small smile on his face.

"Why are you here?" She whispered.

"I snuck out. The boys keep telling me not to talk to a Slytherin, or else I would've visited earlier," he responded just as quietly.

"Yeah, it's stupid, isn't it? Everyone's giving me these judging looks, even the people in my own house."

Remus sighed.

"I saw. I really wanted to respond, Hails, but the guys would've-"

Hailey waved it off.

"Don't worry about it, Rem."

His face turned scarlet and he glanced away to the floor.

"What's wrong?" Hailey asked with a frown.

"Nothing," Remus said, "I just liked that you called me Rem."

Hailey grinned and shrugged.

"You look exhausted, Rem. You should go to bed."

"I wanted to make up for all the time I missed," he whispered.

Hailey aww'ed in her head before smiling at him again.

"We can make up for lost time tomorrow night, okay?"

"Okay."

He smiled tiredly at her once more before turning and leaving the hospital wing, leaving Hailey with a grin on her face.

She found that she missed him extremely, even after he had left.

She thought it was a nice feeling. It was the first time she felt this, and she had a feeling it wouldn't be the last.

*~*~*

iT ISNT AN AWAKENINQ BOOK UNLESS SHE PUTS A TFIOS REFERENCE IN THERE

I GOT A SCHEDULE BY THE WAY

so every Saturday I was going to update a different book

but with time zones it's usually really early Saturday morning or late Friday night

so yeah, just wanted to let you guys know that, I might update random books whenever when I feel like it

ok byeee