Chapter 9

honestly not a good thing at all but kinda funny

i went to write this chapter and saved the picture for the face claim and everything and forgot elizabeth's name

:((

*~*~*

When Remus got to the Great Hall, he looked around until his eyes landed on the three boys he, unfortunately, called friends. Elizabeth was also there, smile lighting up her face as she laughed at something James said. The corners of his mouth lifted in a slight smile before he cleared his throat and put on a straight face, walking toward the table and sitting next to Elizabeth.

He heard a quiet, barely audible squeak come from her as his shoulder came in close contact with hers and tried to swallow the grin that was coming up.

"Remus! Glad to see you finally made it!" James said gleefully.

"How's your, uh, cat?" Elizabeth asked quietly.

"My cat?" he asked confusedly, before realization dawned on him, "Oh, yeah, my cat. He's fine, no worries. He just gets a little temperamental sometimes and these three help calm him down."

Elizabeth chuckled.

"Those three? Calm anyone? Okay," she said sarcastically, smirking, "agree to disagree."

Remus nodded curtly, James and Sirius observing the interaction and sending a confused glance at each other.

"So, anything going on with you two?"

"No." Remus responded bluntly.

"No?"

"Yeah, no," Elizabeth confirmed tentatively, forcing herself to keep her gaze on James.

She turned to Remus.

"Can I talk to you in private?"

Remus looked at her from the corner of his eye.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Yes," she said harshly, grabbing him roughly by his arm and practically dragging him out behind her.

"Huh," Sirius said, watching.

"Huh, what?"

"Nothing. Just... huh."

James rolled his eyes, wondering what was going on outside the doors of the Great Hall.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth already had Remus pinned against the wall, staring up and into his eyes.

"Listen, Remus. I understand  that you don't want to get into anything with me until you know the truth, which may take a long time, or maybe you'll never know. I haven't quite decided yet. But come on. I have done nothing but be mature in this situation and you're out there, practically sprawling our business all over the place like it's some act  for your mates to watch? I really don't appreciate it."