Chapter 5

I AM SOO SORRY FOR THE EXTREMELY LATE UPDATES, IT'S ALMOST SUMMER BREAK HERE SO I'LL TRY TO BE UPDATING MORE THEN BUT I JUST HAVEN'T FELT MOTIVATION TO WRITE, I MEAN I'VE BEEN WRITING A LOT OF ORIGINALS THAT ARE ONLY LIKE 2 PAGES SO I MIGHT MAKE A BOOK FOR THOSE? THEY'RE ALL IN A NOTEBOOK AND I'VE BEEN ADDING A BIT TO IT EVERY DAY

IDK I JUST HAVENT FELT THE ABILITY TO UPDATE ANY OF THE  BOOKS I HAVE ON HERE BUT I'M TRYING TO BE BETTER OKAY

I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS UPDATE

IM TRYING REAL HARD FOR U GUYS

ENJOY !!

*~*~*

No one really wanted to talk about how or why Elizabeth had healed from the wound that would've killed anyone else

No one really wanted to talk about how or why Elizabeth had healed from the wound that would've killed anyone else. It might've been the fear of the pain coming back, or the fear of jinxing her recovery, or maybe even just the fact that it could be a sensitive topic for her, or even Remus.

It wasn't something anyone was willing to risk. In a way, Elizabeth was grateful for it because it meant that no one would be asking any questions that they shouldn't be asking. At least, if they cared about their safety, which most of the students and teachers at Hogwarts did. Of course, no one knew the damage that asking questions could cause, but Elizabeth did, which is why she was perfectly fine with no one talking about what had happened.

Instead of worrying, Elizabeth continued to spend her time working hard in her classes and getting closer and closer to the only person who really seemed to enjoy talking to her, a certain Remus Lupin.

That was another thing no one really talked about. What was happening between Elizabeth and Remus. This time, though, it wasn't out of fear, it was just because no one liked to acknowledge it. No one appreciated what was going on and no one talked about it because it was something they'd rather pretend didn't exist. Something they would rather pretend wasn't happening.

Elizabeth tried her best to get Sirius and James to talk to her. She figured that she was probably being annoying in her attempts, but whatever it costed to get them to befriend her and possibly even enjoy her company, she would do.

James and Sirius didn't find her attempts annoying, though. In fact, it was her attempts that slowly made them reconsider their undying hatred of her and the fact that she was Remus' friend. They even appreciated her trying to converse with them, because it began to convince them that maybe she wasn't so terrible. Maybe she actually did want to be their friend and to be there for them in a way that all friends were.

"Elizabeth? You there? James? Sirius?" Remus called, looking confused, "why is it now that you two decide to think? I mean, Elizabeth I get, but you two?"

Elizabeth grinned while James and Sirius looked at Remus, seemingly offended.

"Excuse me, but comments like those are not helping mine and Sirius' opinion on Elizabeth," James said, glaring.

"Oh, I'm sorry, the almighty James," Remus began sarcastically, "I worded that wrong. What I meant was that because me and Elizabeth are the only ones out of the five of us who really have a high enough intellectual level to think deeply and really thoughtfully, while you two just simply think about... candy or something. I definitely did not mean that you guys weren't smart enough to think in general; just not on the same level as us!" he finished cheerfully.

Sirius punched Remus and then sat back, not seeming to regret his actions at all, a smug smirk on his face. Remus gasped and clutched his arm, rubbing it gently.

"Now now, Sirius, violence isn't the answer," Elizabeth snorted.

"What, you worried your little boyfriend doesn't have big enough muscles for my half-hearted punch to not affect him?"

Instead of denying it, Elizabeth simply smirked.

"Oh, of course not. I'd never be worried about that," she said, winking.

While Sirius and James coughed and spat and Elizabeth watched in amusement, Remus looked at her with a newfound interest, a slow smile beginning to spread across his face.

*~*~*

It seemed evident enough that James and Sirius were beginning to grow closer to Elizabeth, even though it appeared to be without their realization. They found themselves beginning to enjoy her company and her snide remarks and sarcastic comments.

"It's so obvious," James said, falling back dramatically.

Sirius and him were the only ones currently in the boy's dormitory, besides Peter. Remus was off somewhere, and the unspoken agreement that he was probably with Elizabeth seemed to linger.

"What is?" Peter asked.

"How can you not see it?" James snapped.

"He means Elizabeth and Remus," Sirius explained, "and the fact that they are so obviously interested in each other, but why haven't they taken their chance yet?"

"Exactly!" James exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air, "they're practically already dating!"

"I wouldn't go that far, but I mean, yeah, they're close to it."

"We just have to figure out a plan to get them together."

"James, your plans never go well."

"Of course they do! Just a little trial and error in the beginning."

"You literally just end up practically ripping their hearts out in the beginning and make them argue because you tried to make the other jealous before they finally realize their love for each other, and even then something else terrible happens. Most of the time they don't even end up together!"

"That is not true."

"Just admit it, James."

"Come on, Sirius, just help a guy out, alright?" James said, shaking his head. "We can pretty much all agree that they're totally into each other, we just have to... help them out! Get Remus to make his move."

Sirius couldn't imagine Remus 'making a move,' as James said. He finally sighed and nodded, giving James the signal to go on with his scheme.

James smirked. "You say you hate my plans, yet you go along with every single one of them."

"Just shut up and explain," Sirius snapped.

*~*~*

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THAT UPDATE!!

I MIGHT STARTED PRE-WRITING SOME THINGS IDK YET

BUT TELL ME HOW YOU GUYS ARE!

its been a while and im really excited to be getting back into wattpad omg

so yeah !! hopefully im gonna start writing a bit more but i hope you guys enjoyed this update, ive been asked to update quite a bit so im trying to get everything done tonight

if u read 'along came sirius' then check out that update also !!

ok bye !