Sister Signs #4

capricorn and cancer: the wolf and the moon

many would refer to this pair as the mother and the father, but their interaction is less simple and natural than one many derive from such a label.  capricorn is a hunter, strong and devoted, but belonging in the end to a pack.  cancer is the yearning child reaching out for the earth, just far away enough from everything they want and love.  both signs are naturally distant, but capricorn possesses an initial frigidity that is later revealed as warmth, whereas cancer possess an initial warmth that may eventually reveal itself as frigidity.  for capricorn, the need for cancer is pushed down far away from the shallow bits of the psyche; it is the moonlight shining through the trees as they hunt at night alone, for no matter how well the capricorn may operate on their own, they need a partner, someone to light the way. cancer feels this need more overtly and immediately, feeling truly unfulfilled unless they’re loving.  although it is often challenging for these signs to come together, as capricorn sees cancer as dramatic and overemotional, just as cancer sees capricorn as robotic and cold-hearted, they can in fact bring out the absolute best in each other, for cancer helps capricorn open up to provide cancer with the deep and true love that resides within the goat’s padlocked heart.